Main Forums > The Roundtable

Stop Showering

(1/13) > >>

Ben:
I guess this is the MSM topic of the week, because I've seen it pop up several times in my newsfeeds. It's anything from "daily showers are bad for your health" to "daily showers are destroying the Earth". With the solution being to only shower from a few times a week to once a month.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/daily-showers-could-be-harmful-skin-health-experts-claim

I can't imagine showering only once a month, even if I was just sitting around not doing anything all day. Though I do recall that when I was a little kid, the standard for kids seemed to be getting in the bathtub on Saturday night so you'd be clean for church on Sunday morning, unless you somehow got extra dirty during the week. Otherwise it was just washing up daily, as in hands and face. I'm thinking it was sometime during Junior High that I started taking daily morning showers. I'm sure it had something to do with girls.  :laugh:

Back when I was working, I almost always took a shower first thing in the morning just to wake up if nothing else, but also it seemed like the thing you do before you go into the office. Sometimes the shower was at the gym after my morning workout. On field days, like if I was out diving, sure, I'd skip the morning shower since it didn't make sense, but I sure took one as soon as I got back home, and on multi-day boat trips, always at least took a hose shower on the fantail when dive ops were done for the day, partly to be able to get a good nights sleep, hitting the rack clean.

I will say that I am currently at "old man stage", where depending on what I've been doing and/or the time of year, I might skip showering for a day or two, like in the dead of Winter when I'm inside all day and my only physical activity has been the daily yoga and maybe a short stint on the exercise bike or rower, and then I'll still grab a body wipe afterwards for a whore's shower. During Summer, I absolutely shower every day. It's hot, and even if I just have a few hours of farm work, there's no way I'm going to bed feeling dirty and sticky from all the sweating. In fact on a lot of Summer days if I'm doing farm stuff, I take a whore's shower before I sit down for lunch and then a regular shower when I'm done for the day.

Anyway, from reading, I think there is a case for maybe if circumstances allow, skipping daily showers for the health reasons, but screw that showering once a month to save the Earth. Save that crap for your hippie commune, you dirty commies.

WLJ:
This story stinks

K Frame:
My Mom's doctor was telling her that she should really only shower 3 times a week, otherwise she's just stripping the natural protection off her skin.

I can't imagine not showering almost every day. Like you, sometimes I'll skip a shower for a day or two, but generally I start my morning with a good sluicing.

If I've let my hair get long? I have to shower. I can't stand the feeling that my hair isn't clean. If I have short hair I may skip a shower.

But, if this is the left's new "YOU'RE KILLING THE WORLD!!!!!", well, then, die Mother Nature, die.

Declaration Day:
"However, daily showers do not improve your health, could cause skin problems or other health issues — and, importantly, they waste a lot of water."

Isn't it the same water the dinosaurs drank and peed out?  Do some people not know that we filter and re-use it over and over ad infinitum?

I shower in the morning as part of my wake up routine, and again after work in the warmer months. In my former career, which included snow removal, I'd go a few days at a time without, but I was single and sitting in a recliner playing video games all day.

I have a few co-workers who don't seem to know what a shower is, what deodorant is, or even washing clothes. Fortunately, I don't work in close quarters with any of them.

K Frame:
"I have a few co-workers who don't seem to know what a shower is, what deodorant is, or even washing clothes. Fortunately, I don't work in close quarters with any of them."

I've worked with people like that.

Absolutely grim.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version