Author Topic: Giffords: Primary contender?  (Read 8307 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Giffords: Primary contender?
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 01:49:57 PM »
But plenty of reps have been injured to one extent or another during their term.  Car wrecks, heart attacks, small strokes and the like.  They don't get tested.

Besides, since none of the others have ever been tested, what would you compare the results to?  Does she have to be as smart and articulate as she was before the shooting?  Do you have some sort of repeatable test that has that info?  Or does she just have to beat Sheila Jackson Lee?

Does she have to be able to articulate which islands won't capsize?  Correctly guess how many states are in the union?

Seriously, you're calling for testing with NO standards either for her before the accident or any baseline requirement for the job.  Even if she took a test the results would be meaningless.

Do you have any evidence that she's mentally changed?  Have her votes showed some radical change of since the shooting?  Is there any evidence at all that her constituents aren't getting the exact same representation?

What's the point, other then you don't like her recent votes?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 01:59:05 PM »
But plenty of reps have been injured to one extent or another during their term.  Car wrecks, heart attacks, small strokes and the like.  They don't get tested.

Besides, since none of the others have ever been tested, what would you compare the results to?  Does she have to be as smart and articulate as she was before the shooting?  Do you have some sort of repeatable test that has that info?  Or does she just have to beat Sheila Jackson Lee?

Does she have to be able to articulate which islands won't capsize?  Correctly guess how many states are in the union?

Seriously, you're calling for testing with NO standards either for her before the accident or any baseline requirement for the job.  Even if she took a test the results would be meaningless.

Do you have any evidence that she's mentally changed?  Have her votes showed some radical change of since the shooting?  Is there any evidence at all that her constituents aren't getting the exact same representation?

What's the point, other then you don't like her recent votes?

She has made no votes but for the one for the debt limit.

It's not a matter of how she has voted.

ALL those other morons you have listed were morons at the time the voters approved them. They may not be competent (and I wouldn't want them representing me), but they have the voter's approval to act as they do.

Giffords has not been judged to be competent by her voters. She was shot and is no longer the same woman the voters elected. I think she should have to prove she is so before being allowed to represent her district. However, as she is merely one representative, it will not make a big difference and the situation will resolve itself next year.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
She has made no votes but for the one for the debt limit.

It's not a matter of how she has voted.

ALL those other morons you have listed were morons at the time the voters approved them. They may not be competent (and I wouldn't want them representing me), but they have the voter's approval to act as they do.

Giffords has not been judged to be competent by her voters. She was shot and is no longer the same woman the voters elected. [citation needed] I think she should have to prove she is so before being allowed to represent her district. However, as she is merely one representative, it will not make a big difference and the situation will resolve itself next year.

FIFY

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »
FIFY

Ok. Let me give you a citation:

Based only on what I have read in the media, I don't think she is going to have the memory, communication or cognitive skills necessary to return to Congress. 

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2011/06/09/20110609gabrielle-giffords-health-issues.html
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 03:39:50 PM »
Based on her vote on the dept ceiling, she is exactly the same as before her injury. Before the shooting she was referred to as "PelosiClone". I guess that would be too "mean spirited" now.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 10:56:44 AM »
Misguided "compassion" is America's biggest threat.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.