Author Topic: Police Officer Suspended for Buying Chick-Fil-A  (Read 8301 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Police Officer Suspended for Buying Chick-Fil-A
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »
No, the brand hasn't caused nationwide debate.  Certain parties deliberately whipped up controversy where there was none before.

:facepalm:

Brand at the center of a nationwide debate?

I swear to iesha!

It's a fast food brand. There is a debate about it.
The brands preseance in a room, in this case, seems to have CAUSED a debate.

Stick, remove from sphinxter.

For the record, my opinion on the whole chickfila fiasco (and yes I STAND BY THAT) is retarded on both sides of the arguement, so getting your panties twisted about any perseaved insult towards the brand itself from me is pointless. I have no dog in that fight and I'll call punches from each side as I see it.

And cordex, I seem to mistake APS as a special place on the internet where people pay a little more attention. Obviously, I was mistaken.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 09:23:15 PM »
If all the cop did to offend the two Lebanese women was to bring in a sandwich, then we as a society are really beyond repair.

There was Milwaukee police captain who was relieved of his command just a few years ago because he used the word "thugs" in a pep talk email to his officers. His precinct was in the ghetto, so it was assumed that he was referring to black people as "thugs". That was it. No other cause.

We have a government OF the people.  Question is WHICH people.  I think we're beginning to get the idea, aren't we?

This isn't about Chick-Fil-A, of course, it's about the monstrous overreach of government power and, more specifically, who now really runs this government and this society.  Mainstream Americans, who think they are in charge because they are in the majority, allegedly, and pay the taxes, etc., are badly deluding themselves. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 11:04:10 PM »
A retired former colleague has a son on Dallas PD, and according to him, they're being very quiet on what may or may not have been said. The sergeant claims that he was asked about the choice of restaurant, and only said it was convenient and he was hungry. The P. C. Police took over from there. If/when I learn more, I'll post it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 11:10:34 PM »
What if he'd brought in a link of knockwurst? Or a can of tuna?  :O

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 11:41:37 PM »
What if he'd brought in a link of knockwurst? Or a can of tuna?  :O

Wiener, or taco?  http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoaftdK6.html?&t=2m56s
"It's good, though..."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 11:47:50 PM »
Anyone else getting hungry?.....I know I am.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 12:33:30 AM »
Anyone else getting hungry?.....I know I am.....

Uh, not touching that one.

But, generally, any discussion of Chick-fil-A makes me hungry. Forget the politics or the religion - I wanna sammich!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 01:18:20 AM »
We have a government OF the people.  Question is WHICH people.  I think we're beginning to get the idea, aren't we?

This isn't about Chick-Fil-A, of course, it's about the monstrous overreach of government power and, more specifically, who now really runs this government and this society.  Mainstream Americans, who think they are in charge because they are in the majority, allegedly, and pay the taxes, etc., are badly deluding themselves. 

Ah, the terrible power of government to transfer government employees temporarily from one department to another.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 09:28:59 AM »
A retired former colleague has a son on Dallas PD, and according to him, they're being very quiet on what may or may not have been said. The sergeant claims that he was asked about the choice of restaurant, and only said it was convenient and he was hungry. The P. C. Police took over from there. If/when I learn more, I'll post it.
That sounds like what I was visualizing.  A thought keeps popping up in my head wondering what the lesbian cops said to the guy?  I'm betting it was worse than anything he said, but on the right side of the PC line. 

I guess we might find out more later.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »
2 to 1 odds the lesbians made up a bunch off bullshit to get the guy in trouble. People like that actively look for stuff to be offended by so they can scream about it.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 11:11:06 AM »
2 to 1 odds the lesbians made up a bunch off bullshit to get the guy in trouble. People like that actively look for stuff to be offended by so they can scream about it.

That would be my guess as well.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin