Author Topic: CO set to recall Senators for anti-gun votes  (Read 8297 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
CO set to recall Senators for anti-gun votes
« on: September 03, 2013, 05:42:14 PM »
Be interesting to see if they get one or both of these folks gone. Let's hope the local hacks learn their lesson.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/09/03/colorado-recall-races-do-or-die-for-gun-control-libs-spending-a-fortune-82697
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Levant

• friend
Re: CO set to recall Senators for anti-gun votes
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 08:37:55 PM »
I'm counting the hours and crossing my fingers.  *sigh*.. time will tel.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

æg151337

• Gamera Public Relations Slave
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 11:35:52 PM »
Is is just me or is there something morally wrong with someone from state A funding a person in political office for state B?
What I'm getting at is... If the good people of Colorado don't believe their elected officials are voting in their favor and want to remove them, should anyone else not residing in the state have any say or pull in that state? ???
Gamera! Gamera!
Gamera is really neat!
Gamera is filled with meat!
We've been eating GA-MER-AAAA!!!!!

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 11:42:14 PM »
Is is just me or is there something morally wrong with someone from state A funding a person in political office for state B?
What I'm getting at is... If the good people of Colorado don't believe their elected officials are voting in their favor and want to remove them, should anyone else not residing in the state have any say or pull in that state? ???

While I understand the sentiment, 1A probably means any restrictions are not legally possible.  Unless such restrictions are most likely to favor the Democrats.  Since petty things like laws and the Constitution don't matter in cases that benefit Dems.
Formerly sumpnz

æg151337

• Gamera Public Relations Slave
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 11:58:14 PM »
While I understand the sentiment, 1A probably means any restrictions are not legally possible.

I understand they can say whatever the hell they want. But isn't it blatant issue of conflict of interest in terms of being a credible advocate for these senators? In the view of the targeted people of these ad campaigns that is.
Gamera! Gamera!
Gamera is really neat!
Gamera is filled with meat!
We've been eating GA-MER-AAAA!!!!!

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 12:30:45 AM »
Spending money is considered speech.  Rather than piss and moan about it use your own money to influence elections in areas that are not to your political preferences.
Formerly sumpnz

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 09:32:58 AM »
Is is just me or is there something morally wrong with someone from state A funding a person in political office for state B? . . .
George Soros and Michael Bloomberg have reduced this to an art.

And endorsements from out-of-state politicians of BOTH parties are common - what's the $$$ value of an endorsement from someone popular?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 03:11:48 PM »
I am hoping after this that any politician views any help/support by Bloomberg and Soros as a kiss of death.  It won't happen, but it would be nice.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:31:02 AM by Matthew Carberry »
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 08:06:28 AM »
Well done Colorado!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 08:30:21 AM »
A local, but very very very significant victory.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 08:31:48 AM »
Probably the best news I'll hear all week.  =D

I especially liked the editorial I read somewhere on line which said that by having a recall, voters were "bullying" their elected officials.   :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 08:33:23 AM »
A local, but very very very significant victory.

Brad
It was national news yesterday.  Due to the outcome, it is now local news.  Rest assured, if the recall had failed, it would have remained national news.

Bloomberg can go pound sand in an orifice.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Re: CO set to recall Senators for anti-gun votes
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 08:34:43 AM »
Probably the best news I'll hear all week.  =D

I especially liked the editorial I read somewhere on line which said that by having a recall, voters were "bullying" their elected officials.   :rofl:
Poor widdle things

Sent via tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 10:15:02 AM »
Great news. I was really leery and afraid of the fallout from a failed recall. Really happy this went through. I was checking last night when they said they were still counting ballots and it was still too close to call on Giron, but it looks like she ended up getting smacked harder than Morse. Also it appears the anti-gun side threw some exponentially larger amount of money than the pro side into this, so double win.

I didn't know Morse was a former police chief. It somehow makes his defeat on this issue all the more apropos to me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 10:33:52 AM »
Loving it...Buckeye Firearms Association sent some of  their leaders out there to help with the recall.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 11:17:36 AM »
now if we could get the same results in NY......
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 11:17:58 AM »
 =D  =D  =D  =D  =D

I think I'll send a nice link to this story to all of the Congress-critters here in WA...

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 11:24:22 AM »
=D  =D  =D  =D  =D

I think I'll send a nice link to this story to all of the Congress-critters here in WA...

Terrorist. :P
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 11:33:53 AM »
From the NYT comments on the story.

Another win by the loons. And loss for America.

Lethal loons yes, since they oh-so love guns. But give a gun to a scared 10-year old girl, she becomes lethal too.

I don't understand the weak scaredy psychology of all these gun nuts

Their tears are sweet.  =D

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 01:46:03 PM »
Voter suppression!

http://twitchy.com/2013/09/11/wasserman-schultz-on-colo-recall-results-this-was-voter-suppression-pure-and-simple/

In a way, she's right.

Whenever a single issue comes up on a special election, the defense is at a disadvantage.  Status quo never rallies the supporters that the opposition does.

However, she shot herself in the foot by crying wolf here.  Yes, there is a wolf.  But it's the same wolf she often manipulates herself.

All this does is essentially show the follies of:
1. Democracy - when 51% rule 49%, the rule of law is in constant flux and the sanctity of "right" is questionable.
2. Authoritarianism - this is what happens when you use the force of State to inflict your moral compass on others who don't want your opinion.  They rally with whatever force they can muster, whether it is Democracy or Force of State in response.  The net result is constant strife.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 02:56:05 PM »
I caught a clip of an interveiw with Morse on the morning neewz show.

What a blowhard. He made some retarded comment in responce to the question of should other polititions refuse to support anti gun legislation because of lack of public support and for fear of losing office.
He puffed himself up and told the reporter that he was proud to have made Colorado "safer" and that all politions should be happy to lose office if they manage to pass legislation like this one for the same reason.

I called him a bad name.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 07:30:47 PM »
What's the next step?  Does CO have "initiative and referendum" (like CA does) where the voters can pass laws bypassing (or overriding) the legislature?
"It's good, though..."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 10:49:34 PM »
From the NYT comments on the story.

Their tears are sweet.  =D
Another win by the loons. And loss for America.

Lethal loons yes, since they oh-so love guns. But give a gun to a scared 10-year old girl, she becomes lethal too.

I don't understand the weak scaredy psychology of all these gun nuts

LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: yeah that's right jerk! a ten year old little girl can kill a rapist with a handgun!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
one of the reasons to own a gun, a great equalizer - little old ladies can shoot teenage thugs, old people and children do not have to fist fight larger stronger attackers- they can shoot the SOB's!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: [ar15] [ar15] [ar15]

THANK YOU COLORADO!!!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."