Author Topic: So how much do we care that O'Reilly's gone?  (Read 8351 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: So how much do we care that O'Reilly's gone?
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2017, 01:49:57 AM »
I've never fit into the corporate mold , i just don't care much what other people are saying - I hadn't realized that "hot chocolate" could be considered
harassment - I probably need diversity training
http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2016/05/19/dying-laughing-guy-who-live-tweeted-mandatory-diversity-training-session-might-be-our-new-hero-and-yours-pics/

My "corporate" Sexual Harassment/EO training has all been in the Military.  And there's another thread going on that, that I'm avoiding comment in.  Whether or not an individual agrees with where the lines are drawn, each organization (at least one anywhere near as large as Fox News) does draw lines on what is considered Sexual Harassment.  There is also an actual definition, based on lost court cases.

If you are on the bottom, you can "not care what people are saying", although people surely care what you are saying.  If, however, you are in any kind of leadership position it's your responsibility to care about things like that, and enforce the organization's rules.  If O'Reilly said that, his producers should have stomped on him.  Not only does it open Fox news to exactly what happened, allowing the anyone to operate on their own rules undermines the whole organization.

Were I to hear one of my soldiers refer to another like that, I would write them up at the first offense, and were it repeated I would refer them to higher, and recommend UCMJ action.  Not as a CYA, but because no one in my organization should have to deal with being reduced to a sexual (and racial) caricature.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2017, 11:50:44 AM »
well, like I said, I never would have said anything like that.
It is a really dumb thing to say.
I guess I need to take the APS diversity course :laugh:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2017, 05:57:08 PM »
It appears co-president Bill Shine just resigned. Also Sean Hannity may be (of his own volition) going. I kinda put Hannity in the same "head swelling over the years" category as O'Reilly, but man, Fox News is bleeding.

I have to wonder if this is more of the younger Murdoch influence. Again, Fox has its problems and biases, but it's still about the only mainstream alternate view to the rest of the MSM. At this rate, I'll need to rely on Twitchy for even more of my news. I'm hoping Fox Business can ride it out.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2017, 06:04:49 PM »
It appears co-president Bill Shine just resigned. Also Sean Hannity may be (of his own volition) going. I kinda put Hannity in the same "head swelling over the years" category as O'Reilly, but man, Fox News is bleeding.

I have to wonder if this is more of the younger Murdoch influence. Again, Fox has its problems and biases, but it's still about the only mainstream alternate view to the rest of the MSM. At this rate, I'll need to rely on Twitchy for even more of my news. I'm hoping Fox Business can ride it out.

From what I have read elsewhere, the Murdoch kids are pretty much lefties.  The father has lost most of his day-to-day control over the network and the kids are now taking it to the left.
Fox News is toast, IMO.  We haven't had cable for several years now, so I won't miss the broadcast side.  The leftward drift has been apparent on the website for a while.  I expect that to accelerate now that the kids are running the show.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2017, 06:38:09 PM »
Were I to hear one of my soldiers refer to another like that, I would write them up at the first offense, and were it repeated I would refer them to higher, and recommend UCMJ action.  Not as a CYA, but because no one in my organization should have to deal with being reduced to a sexual (and racial) caricature.

But what if the person IS a sexual or racial caricature?

(Yes, I have worked with examples of both.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2017, 09:34:03 PM »
"The leftward drift has been apparent on the website for a while."

Not only that, it has become filled with Hollywood entertainment "news."  No thanks!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2017, 09:35:24 PM »
"The leftward drift has been apparent on the website for a while."

Not only that, it has become filled with Hollywood entertainment "news."  No thanks!

And a bajillion gazillion ads and weird scripts. Tolerable on the computer with ad block, not so much on the phone.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2017, 11:11:39 PM »
If they drift too far to the left, they will lose their audience and ratings....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2017, 12:07:28 AM »
If they drift too far to the left, they will lose their audience and ratings....

It sounds like that's what the younger Murdoch wants. I read an article where he was quoted as hating Fox News. He had talked about eliminating both Fox News and RT (which they also own) and creating a "global news service" or some such thing.

I'm not sure if he's as smart as his dad. Fox News, while it has strayed with age, filled a "renegade" niche within the MSM.  I can't help but equate "global news" with liberal news. They'll be fighting for audience that is already distributed between dozens of news outlets that all say the same thing.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2017, 12:46:10 AM »
And in five years or so, once they are struggling to survive as a network, hopefully someone will tell them...."Hey why don't we try what made us successful in the past?"

But most people aren't smart enough to do that.   Or perhaps, something else will come along to fill that niche....

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2017, 09:05:52 AM »
And in five years or so, once they are struggling to survive as a network, hopefully someone will tell them...."Hey why don't we try what made us successful in the past?"

But most people aren't smart enough to do that they won't be willing to admit that moving left is what killed Fox News.   Or perhaps, something else will come along to fill that niche....

FTFY

If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2017, 06:24:10 PM »
 I wouldn't be surprised if a new network pops up inhabited by conservative expatriots from Fox news.  The trouble is that some of what has been described as conservative are right wing nut jobs.  I think it's just about all over but the shouting with respect to main stream conservative news.  The Left wins because they are zealots and are united and have no shame.  The Right loses because all they want to do is, as Rodney King said, "Why can't we all just get along."
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2017, 02:08:52 AM »
There are (were) two three IIRC, The Blaze which was started by Glenn Beck, until he went full retard.
Then there's CRTV. 
Finally there's One America Network from The Washington Times.

We shall see who grabs Fox's on-air talent and becomes the new Fox News.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.