Author Topic: Earth Worm Inflation Index  (Read 1433 times)

Waitone

• friend
Earth Worm Inflation Index
« on: May 11, 2013, 09:14:36 PM »
You wanna see inflation?  I bought 2 cups of red earthworms.  $3.50 a cup which consisted of maybe 20 worms.  Can't complain too much because I was the idiot who paid to be robbed then raped.  There has gotta be some kind of inflation index out there that follows the price of crickets, earthworms, and live bait.

That is all.

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: Earth Worm Inflation Index
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:35:17 PM »
You could have saved some money and just flipped some rocks and picked them up.
Dam young-ins don't even know how to find worm. =D
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 12:35:42 AM »
my granddad would take 2 screwdrivers and power cord.  Them worms were just leaping out of the ground begging to be caught. =D
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 12:45:23 AM »
When I was 12 years old I had an earthworm business. I had a secret spot where I could harvest one hundred or so worms in a few minutes and sold them for about $.50 per dozen. It was a low spot covered with leaves next to the road in the County park behind my house. I made about 100 dollars before the County decided to grade the low spot next to the road and destroyed my business.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 01:14:42 AM »
Earthworms are really easy to get. Go out at night with a dim flashlight on a rainy night, get on hands and knees, grab them and pull them gently our of their burrows.
If the soil isn't quite right in your yard, just about every town has a soccer or football field loaded with them.
I've picked well over 10 dozen on many occassions.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 08:56:08 AM »
When I was 12 years old I had an earthworm business. I had a secret spot where I could harvest one hundred or so worms in a few minutes and sold them for about $.50 per dozen. It was a low spot covered with leaves next to the road in the County park behind my house. I made about 100 dollars before the County decided to grade the low spot next to the road and destroyed my business.

And another story about how government destroys businesses. :P
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 08:59:13 AM »
I think the going rate around here for fat night crawlers is $2.50 a dozen. Red worms and leaf worms are $2 for 3 dozen.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:14:37 AM »
And another story about how government destroys businesses. :P

I am due compensation! Call a tile crawler!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 02:15:54 PM »
I don't think we have any worms in the Phoenix valley.  I need some, too.  To start a compost pile for my garden.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 02:31:15 PM »
my granddad would take 2 screwdrivers and power cord.  Them worms were just leaping out of the ground begging to be caught. =D

Might want to be careful with using electricity to catch them, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirm_%28film%29
It's also one of my favorite MST3K episodes.
 [popcorn]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic