Author Topic: Evidently Gummy Bears Can Be Used as Rocket Fuel  (Read 3255 times)

Waitone

• friend
Evidently Gummy Bears Can Be Used as Rocket Fuel
« on: August 16, 2013, 04:25:52 PM »
Instructions can be found in user comments   :rofl:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EVQWKC/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Evidently Gummy Bears Can Be Used as Rocket Fuel
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 05:56:58 PM »
Hmmm, let's examine the equation carefully...

Add: One mega bag of sugar free treats sweetened with Sorbitol (a very powerful laxative)
Add: Parent who thinks since it's sugar free, kiddo can consume with abandon
Add: Child who thinks they've died and gone to Heaven because they can eat all the candy they want
Add: A product rating system allowing virtually limitless user entries
Caclulate... ... ... ...

Result:  Epic Lulz =D

Yep, large amounts of Sorbitol will do that.  (My ex FIL was diabetic and kept sugar free candies all over the place.  He was used to them.  I wasn't...)

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 06:19:42 PM »
Ooh, I thought this thread was going to be about fun with potassium chlorate substances that will get you on the trrrist watch list. =|

Gummy bears are my achille's heel. I'm like a gold fish with them, I will eat them until I burst if you put enough of them in front of me. Sorbitol or not, 3lbs of gummy bears in one sitting will wreck you.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 06:22:19 PM »
Ditto to brimic, but with gummi worms.

On my motorcycle trip across the country, I found myself buying gummi worms in about 10 different states.  Probably the most commonly bought food for the entire trip.

No digestive pyrotechnics with my gummi worms, because I got ones with honest-to-God sugar in them.  Er, well, at least corn syrup.  Yeah, that's it.  But none of that chemically raped fake sugar stuff.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 06:32:07 PM »
Mythbusters did a segment on a salami-powered rocket, supposedly baed on a Confederate weapon system.  http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2006/04/episode_51_myths_reopened.html

Put anything that can generate some degree of power in a system with a directed opening and you can generate drive pressure.  Depending on how much pressure you can generate ....

I believe some of us could consider themselves lucky if the opening statement "No $hit, there I was ..." were in fact true.  Alas, usually it is not.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 08:48:20 PM »
From the comments section!

I felt violated when it was over, which I think might have been sometime in the early morning of the next day. There was stuff coming out of me that I ate at my wedding in 2005.

:laugh:

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 09:06:41 PM »
Ditto to brimic, but with gummi worms.

On my motorcycle trip across the country, I found myself buying gummi worms in about 10 different states.  Probably the most commonly bought food for the entire trip.

No digestive pyrotechnics with my gummi worms, because I got ones with honest-to-God sugar in them.  Er, well, at least corn syrup.  Yeah, that's it.  But none of that chemically raped fake sugar stuff.

Gummy worms, the kind with sour sugar stuff on them, are part of my road trip staple.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Levant

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 11:25:36 PM »
They don't tempt me at all.  The idea of gummy vitamins is just plain disgusting in my view.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

æg151337

• Gamera Public Relations Slave
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 12:11:31 AM »
Well, Ima gonna order some of these and offer my boss a peace offering....
Gamera! Gamera!
Gamera is really neat!
Gamera is filled with meat!
We've been eating GA-MER-AAAA!!!!!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 12:23:20 AM »
I learned the hard way about about sugar free candy. It was....unpleasent.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 01:14:32 AM »
 :rofl:

Ok, I learned about this the easy way.  Mom is a nurse in a GI clinic, and you'd be surprised how many people with chronic diarrhea don't know this.  The usual test is to ask if they have a breath mint, and they'll whip out a roll of sorbitol sweetened whatevers.

Evidently "what goes in must come out" and "I started crapping myself inside out about the time I switched to sugarfree mints" is too much of a leap for some people.

Speaking of, has anybody seen Ned today?