Author Topic: Remotely Shut Off Video Recording  (Read 577 times)

Waitone

• friend
Remotely Shut Off Video Recording
« on: August 20, 2013, 05:00:11 PM »
Seems Apple was awarded a patent for technology which would allow <insert noun of choice> to remotely shut down video recording on cell phones. 

Looks like my Flip video camera just increased in value.

Geee, I wonder who or what would be interested in this technology.

http://www.zdnet.com/apple-patent-could-remotely-disable-protesters-phone-cameras-7000003640/
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Remotely Shut Off Video Recording
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 05:23:36 PM »
Only cell phones?  Does it have to be an activated cell phone with a SID recognized by the cellular network as active, or can it hit a deactivated phone with recording capability?  What about phones that are already in "airplane mode" prior to the signal and happen to be recording?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!