Author Topic: This is sad.  (Read 410 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
This is sad.
« on: August 07, 2024, 05:57:23 PM »
A 93 year old man I’ve known for 50 years stopped by today. Casually asked him how he was.
He said his son died. Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that. When did this happen?
“Just now I guess. My daughter in law put it on Facebook.”
What we have here is failure to communicate.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: This is sad.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2024, 06:12:04 PM »
^^^^

I will go with pathetic, it went right past sad when she went to Facebook to post of his passing before notifying family.

bob

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2024, 08:19:32 PM »
That is HORRIBLE!!! SO much RAGE at that!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2024, 08:15:23 AM »
I felt bad for him. He looked shell shocked.
He is a really nice guy, still mows his own grass at 93. He has a big family and a bunch of grandchildren and he goes to every baseball softball soccer volleyball game.
His son was in hospice fighting cancer and he was a hardworking guy that married a lowlife skanky b itch. If there was a life insurance policy I’m sure she is already shopping.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2024, 02:11:00 PM »
That is HORRIBLE!!! SO much RAGE at that!

I agree, except I've seen so many changes in our moral and social conventions from when I became civilized at the age of 12*, that I'm not surprised.

It almost seems that social media like Facebook have become "back fences" for neighborhood gossip.  Except the "neighborhood" now encompasses the whole world.

With my forgiving nature, I suggest that the daughter in law was just getting the news out to any and all concerned before formal notices were published or a phone network could be established..  Which is sort of a good thing, when you consider that "back fence" kind of thing we see nowadays.

So I'm almost more enraged at the changes in society I've seen since I was 12 than the raw facts of the OP.

Terry, 230RN

* Summer of 1951, when Mom sent me to an etiquette school for boys, which fork went where, preceding a female down the stairs, following a female up the stairs, door holding, and like "civilizing" stuff fer us'n roughnecks.  Sears also put on an equivalent "charm school" for girls.  She used to farm me out almost every summer to get me out of the house.  One thing that stuck with me and I'm still grateful for was the typing class she made me take... 1953....?  Time blurs time.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 02:42:10 PM by 230RN »