Author Topic: rather disturbing...  (Read 2867 times)

Drgong

rather disturbing...
« on: September 07, 2008, 05:03:53 AM »
From Investors Business Daily:

Election '08: Democrats' reintroduction of militant Michelle Obama in Denver was supposed to show her softer side. But it only highlighted a radical part of her resume: Public Allies.

Barack Obama was a founding member of the board of Public Allies in 1992, resigning before his wife became executive director of the Chicago chapter of Public Allies in 1993. Obama plans to use the nonprofit group, which he features on his campaign Web site, as the model for a national service corps. He calls his Orwellian program, "Universal Voluntary Public Service."

Big Brother had nothing on the Obamas. They plan to herd American youth into government-funded reeducation camps where they'll be brainwashed into thinking America is a racist, oppressive place in need of "social change."

The pitch Public Allies makes on its Web site doesn't seem all that radical. It promises to place young adults (18-30) in paid one-year "community leadership" positions with nonprofit or government agencies. They'll also be required to attend weekly training workshops and three retreats.

In exchange, they'll get a monthly stipend of up to $1,800, plus paid health and child care. They also get a post-service education award of $4,725 that can be used to pay off past student loans or fund future education.

But its real mission is to radicalize American youth and use them to bring about "social change" through threats, pressure, tension and confrontation  the tactics used by the father of community organizing, Saul "The Red" Alinsky.

"Our alumni are more than twice as likely as 18-34 year olds to . . . engage in protest activities," Public Allies boasts in a document found with its tax filings. It has already deployed an army of 2,200 community organizers like Obama to agitate for "justice" and "equality" in his hometown of Chicago and other U.S. cities, including Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, New York, Phoenix, Pittsburgh and Washington. "I get to practice being an activist," and get paid for it, gushed Cincinnati recruit Amy Vincent.

Public Allies promotes "diversity and inclusion," a program paper says. More than 70% of its recruits are "people of color." When they're not protesting, they're staffing AIDS clinics, handing out condoms, bailing criminals out of jail and helping illegal aliens and the homeless obtain food stamps and other welfare.

Public Allies brags that more than 80% of graduates have continued working in nonprofit or government jobs. It's training the "next generation of nonprofit leaders"  future "social entrepreneurs."

The Obamas discourage work in the private sector. "Don't go into corporate America," Michelle has exhorted youth. "Work for the community. Be social workers." Shun the "money culture," Barack added. "Individual salvation depends on collective salvation."

"If you commit to serving your community," he pledged in his Denver acceptance speech, "we will make sure you can afford a college education." So, go through government to go to college, and then go back into government.

Many of today's youth find the pitch attractive. "I may spend the rest of my life trying to create social movement," said Brian Coovert of the Cincinnati chapter. "There is always going to be work to do. Until we have a perfect country, I'll have a job."

Not all the recruits appreciate the PC indoctrination. "It was too touchy-feely," said Nelly Nieblas, 29, of the 2005 Los Angeles class. "It's a lot of talk about race, a lot of talk about sexism, a lot of talk about homophobia, talk about -isms and phobias."

One of those -isms is "heterosexism," which a Public Allies training seminar in Chicago describes as a negative byproduct of "capitalism, white supremacy, patriarchy and male-dominated privilege."

The government now funds about half of Public Allies' expenses through Clinton's AmeriCorps. Obama wants to fully fund it and expand it into a national program that some see costing $500 billion. "We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as the military, he said.

The gall of it: The Obamas want to create a boot camp for radicals who hate the military  and stick American taxpayers with the bill.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: rather disturbing...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 05:24:55 AM »
Wow a whole $1800 a month and then less than $5000 to help with school costs.  Yeah, need to be brainwashed prior to taking that deal.  That is going to be less than $26600 for a year of your life.  Plus whatever taxes the Obama can get from it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 05:29:55 AM »
Also, I heard they make you trade your soul for a bottle of Thetans, and burn the six-headed chicken symbol into your forehead.

They's evil!  Eeeeevillllll!!!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 05:42:47 AM »
Similar institutions exist in Israel - consider the Working and Studying Youth.

This must be defunded and destroyed. Of course, McCain won't.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 06:08:38 AM »
"I may spend the rest of my life trying to create social movement," said Brian Coovert of the Cincinnati chapter. "There is always going to be work to do. Until we have a perfect country, I'll have a job."

Years ago, I used to joke about cockroach school.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 06:10:50 AM »
Wow a whole $1800 a month and then less than $5000 to help with school costs.  Yeah, need to be brainwashed prior to taking that deal.  That is going to be less than $26600 for a year of your life.  Plus whatever taxes the Obama can get from it.

$1800 a month's not bad in a world where the maximum legal wage is $60,000 a year (women and oppressed minorities will get an extras $10K bonus).
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 06:16:24 AM »
Us baby killers still have a much better education benefit. And pay. Come to the dark side, we have guns, cruise missiles, and cookies. Always cookies.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 07:05:31 AM »
Universal Voluntary Public Service

That says all you need to know right there  shocked

It's "voluntary" but it's also "universal" which means you absolutely will volunteer  police

Obama is terrifying.  I have no doubt the he will try to confiscate all firearms early in his administration, because he cannot possibly do what he wants without doing that first.  undecided
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 07:08:30 AM »
Of course I also think that military service will not count. sad undecided angry
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 08:43:51 AM »
Obama public allies?

achtung baby!
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 05:55:06 PM »
Us baby killers still have a much better education benefit. And pay. Come to the dark side, we have guns, cruise missiles, and cookies. Always cookies.

grin
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 09:30:36 AM »
From Investors Business Daily:
Public Allies promotes "diversity and inclusion," a program paper says. More than 70% of its recruits are "people of color." When they're not protesting, they're staffing AIDS clinics, handing out condoms, bailing criminals out of jail and helping illegal aliens and the homeless obtain food stamps and other welfare.

Why would illegal aliens get welfare and food stamps ??  I thought they were all here to do the jobs Americans don't want to do ??  Unless this is a typo.

Homeless person: "I'm to lazy to go get my food stamps and welfare, so Pedro, can you go get it for me ??"

This must be defunded and destroyed.

The ultimate Communist wet dream.....Having your enemy pay for your fifth columnists...... 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 08:30:07 PM »
"We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as the military, he said.
Would that be the Sturm Abteilung or the Gestapo?
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.