Author Topic: What to do with my old Galaxy S9?  (Read 480 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
What to do with my old Galaxy S9?
« on: July 15, 2022, 02:28:44 PM »
My new Galaxy S22 arrived today, so I need to figure out something to do with the old S9.  What does the Collective do with an older, but still functional smartphone?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 02:43:00 PM by Ben »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: What to do with my old Galaxy S9?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 02:30:40 PM »
Plug it in somewhere to keep charged, in event  you need to do a 911 call. I have three old cells in my workshop within floor reach near big powerful tools that I usually operate by myself.
Blog under construction

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 03:18:10 PM »
I have read about some people using them as a dash cam, and I see Google Play has a few apps for that.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 04:27:37 PM »
We're going to use my wife's old S8+ with our new electronic iTarget Pro laser target practice gizmo.  We also use it to take pictures for her online business.
Maybe you could do something similar.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 06:48:31 PM »
Det cord tester
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 12:18:17 PM »
Just saw this thread; but if anyone is on Verizon and has an S9 or newer they want to replace, Verizon is giving $800 trade in credit towards a new Galaxy. Just upgraded my wife’s S9 to an S22 256gb, and after the credit the new phone is costing $1.36 a month.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 12:22:07 PM »
Just saw this thread; but if anyone is on Verizon and has an S9 or newer they want to replace, Verizon is giving $800 trade in credit towards a new Galaxy. Just upgraded my wife’s S9 to an S22 256gb, and after the credit the new phone is costing $1.36 a month.

Thanks for the tip. I still use an S9 and have been waffling on if I want to upgrade or not. It has been working fine and I wouldn't upgrade if it was gonna cost me a bundle, but this might be a deal.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2022, 01:07:04 PM »
I misread this as you had a '59 Galaxy

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2022, 02:13:13 PM »
I misread this as you had a '59 Galaxy

Just try to mail that sucker back to Verizon.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.