Author Topic: NYC Corrections officer charged with murder of 18yr old with "toy gun"  (Read 970 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/18-year-old-toy-gun-fatally-shot-corrections-officer-nyc-police-say-rcna39540

some kind of trend out there, shooting people with "beade blasters"  https://www.amazon.com/SPLATRBALL-Rechargeable-Battery-Powered-Electric/dp/B08MJJGNK5
 the trend is being reported by media as a TIK TOK CHALLENGE

some news reports say the gun can be modified to cause more damage, the "gel bean" ammo can also be frozen.

I do not know enough yet to have an opinion, media and progressives might use this as an example of police violence , but at the same time - it is a toy
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

grampster

• friend
What would anyone expect from tik tok?  It's run by CCP.  And millions of fools watch it.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

gunsmith

• friend
What would anyone expect from tik tok?  It's run by CCP.  And millions of fools watch it.

exactly, so far there is a lot of sentiment to railroad the C.O into prison, but he shouldn't be expected to figure out if he is being pranked or actually being shot at before shooting in self-defense .

I would never use a toy gun against a stranger .

tiktok is becoming very popular 
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
exactly, so far there is a lot of sentiment to railroad the C.O into prison, but he shouldn't be expected to figure out if he is being pranked or actually being shot at before shooting in self-defense .

I would never use a toy gun against a stranger .

tiktok is becoming very popular

FTFY
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
It says the CO was also charged with illegal possession of a weapon also it describes him as assigned to the corrections department range. In addition the shot man was found half a mile from the scene of the shooting,  with no mention that the CO had called in a self defense shooting.

Seems like there may be more to the story.

gunsmith

• friend
It says the CO was also charged with illegal possession of a weapon also it describes him as assigned to the corrections department range. In addition the shot man was found half a mile from the scene of the shooting,  with no mention that the CO had called in a self defense shooting.

Seems like there may be more to the story.

I suspect it may be that in NYC a legal gun becomes illegal when used for a crime, or it was not the official off duty sidearm ( yrs ago it was the khar 9 ) but yeah, strange, a C.O is a sworn officer and allowed to carry

griz

• friend
If some idiot, even a young idiot, is shot because he pointed a gun shaped object at somebody who was legally armed, that seems like a self defense situation to me.  This sounds like a different deal.  Not enough info to know for sure at this point.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

gunsmith

• friend
If some idiot, even a young idiot, is shot because he pointed a gun shaped object at somebody who was legally armed, that seems like a self defense situation to me.  This sounds like a different deal.  Not enough info to know for sure at this point.

new york media is obscenely stupid and this fact makes figuring out the particulars difficult

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
I dunno, I had (and assigned it to a son) a propane (LPG) powered .25 caliber handgun that packed quite a punch.  It would put a goodly dent in a stainless steel magnetic parts bowl and plunk the 1/4" BBs within 6 inches of a rock in the ditch at about 20 yards.

I imagine hitting someone in a vulnerable spot could cause a person to bleed out after a while.

And NY, like many dense municipalites, defines anything that propels anything else as a deadly weapon including slingshots. I'm surprised they don't classify baseball pitchers as weapons.

I agree about tik tok.  I won't go near it or click anything related to it.
-------------------- 

Refillable LPG tank and 10 1/4" BBs in the magazine:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 05:59:36 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Prior to Missouri getting carry, I kept a folding Wrist Rocket slingshot in the glovebox in case I broke down in a bad area and had to wait or walk.

That thing would put a .50 lead ball through a 1" board, and I used to be pretty good - 8" group at 25 or more yards without a lot of hassle.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
It's been awhile but I seem to recall seeing video showing people who were protesting a similar shooting were invited to go through a police simulator where they had a split second to decide if it was a real gun or not. Many who went through the simulator said it was an eye opener and changed their minds on who was at fault. Ride-alongs also helped in showing the crap many of the police were putting up with. The core race baiters at the heart of the protests of course refused to have anything to do with it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Prior to Missouri getting carry, I kept a folding Wrist Rocket slingshot in the glovebox in case I broke down in a bad area and had to wait or walk.

That thing would put a .50 lead ball through a 1" board, and I used to be pretty good - 8" group at 25 or more yards without a lot of hassle.

Summer heat KILLS the surgical tubing on those! Draw, aim, POW! band breaks and you now have a 3rd eye!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!