Author Topic: It's good to have friends in high places  (Read 3155 times)

Standing Wolf

• friend
It's good to have friends in high places
« on: January 22, 2009, 09:44:02 PM »
Obama's illegal alien aunt dances the night away
Ethel C. Fenig
One of the happy ladies dancing the inaugural night away at the Ohio ball was an illegal alien--President Barack Hussein Obama's (D) aunt.

One special guest who commanded attention at the party was Zeituni Onyango, 56, Obama's aunt from Kenya who has been in this country illegally and is getting help in her immigration fight from another ball guest, Cleveland attorney Margaret Wong.

Hey, no problem. Despite ignoring a deportation order and illegally collecting welfare Ms. Onyango now has a lawyer fighting for her "rights." Yes we can count on change you can believe in. The rights of the taxpayer funding all this?  No you can't.
hat tip: Michelle Malkin

Source: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/01/obamas_illegal_alien_aunt_danc.html

How surprising.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Bigjake

• friend
Re: It's good to have friends in high places
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 10:00:24 PM »
Not overly.

Some animals are more equal than others...

lone_gunman

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 10:05:35 PM »
Hey, Bush an McCain would have given her amnesty if they had their way, and she would no longer be illegal!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »
Hey, Bush an McCain would have given her amnesty if they had their way, and she would no longer be illegal!

And you would know this...how?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 11:11:26 PM »
Because they both repeatedly pushed for amnesty?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 11:31:01 PM »
And you would know this...how?

100% for truth.  Remember shutting down the Capitol phone lines in 2006 for the McCain/Kennedy/Bush amnesty?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »
would she have qualified for amnesty under those bills?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 01:34:55 PM »
would she have qualified for amnesty under those bills?

She would have qualified for a Z-visa, yes.  Immediate amnesty, permission to remain in 4 year increments indefinitely.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 02:55:34 PM »
In order to qualify for a Z visa, applicants must be able to proof that they arrived in the United States before January 1st, 2007. The Z visa is renewable in four year increments, and it may lead to permanent residency (a Green Card).
The Z visa comes with a fine of $5,000 per person, and the individual must return to their home country to legally be admitted into the United States. Families of undocumented workers will only have to send home one person; the head of the family. The time lag between the issuance of the Z visa and the return trip may be as long as two years, which means that the undocumented worker will be able to legally work in the United States until her or she must leave the country to stay in compliance with the Z visa rules. However, the amount of years that must be spent out of the country may be more than 5 years before the individual can legally return. The amount of Z visas that will be allowed per year is much larger than any other visa program and may be as many as 500,000 per year.

Once an individual has had the background check, been approved, left the country for a number of years and returned legally, he or she may be able to obtain in U.S. residency in 8 to 13 years

hmmmm and this z visa is bad because.?

and while i don't typically post links to newsmax   
NewsMax.com Wires
Monday, April 9, 2007

Reprint Information
 Book on Katie Couric Makes Waves

White House: We're Not Subject to FOIA
 FBI Seeks 2 Mysterious Men on Ferry
 Publisher: Conservatives Do Read As Much As Liberals
 Romney Shrugs Off Mormon History Film 

CRAWFORD, Texas -- Engaged in a fierce debate with Democrats over Iraq, President George W. Bush will seek momentum on Monday for an overhaul of U.S. immigration law with his second visit in a year to a major border crossing.

His trip to Yuma, Arizona, comes as the immigrant community worries about a new approach circulated among Republican lawmakers and Bush administration officials last week that appeared to be aimed at placating conservative opponents.

The idea called for a new "Z" visa that would allow immigrant workers to apply for three-year work permits. They would cost $3,500 each time they are renewed, a major expense for low-income workers.

A White House official said the visa concept was among ideas discussed by the administration and Republican lawmakers and was not a formal plan.

It was scorned by thousands of people who marched in Los Angeles on Saturday, demanding government action to allow an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants to become citizens.

Bush, ending a long Easter weekend at his Texas ranch, will visit the U.S.-Mexico border crossing at Yuma for the second time since May. It had been the site of massive incursions by illegal immigrants, prompting a major increase in border security.

Bush wants an immigration deal with congressional leaders by August. His proposals to find a way to put illegal immigrants in a guest-worker program to give them a legal status have generally had more support from Democrats than Republicans.

Story Continues Below

But whether Democrats will be in any mood to help Bush reach a deal is uncertain. He is locked in a battle with them over a $100 billion funding request to pay for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In his remarks, Bush is expected to cite failures in past immigration policy as a reason for a new approach.

A 1986 law made it illegal for employers to hire illegal immigrants, but it has not worked well because it is relatively easy to get fake documents and some employers hire in violation of the law.

© Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters

since its a reuters wire piece i will make an exception
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 03:16:01 PM »
hmmmm and this z visa is bad because.?

Because there is no functional difference between an infinitely renewable Z-visa and a Resident Alien Green Card.

I'm sure granny Onyango can dredge up a collection letter or two from January 2007, as required for Z-visa eligibility.  Heck, the way it's written, she could have a court order to present herself for deportation prior to Jan 2007 and use that to obtain a Z-visa, after dodging it for 2 years.

They don't have to leave (if given a Z visa) unless they want to pursue a Green Card and ultimately Citizenship.  How many Kenyan grannies would leave their cushy free project housing at the taxpayer's expense in order to return to Africa for two years, where there is no cushy subsidy to live off of, just to return to get a green card?

Hence... it's label as amnesty.  All the identity thieves, welfare crooks and the like are able to walk away from the problems they created for all the law abiding Resident Alien and Citizen population in the US.

It's all moot now since McCain/Kennedy got shot dead like the rabid dog it was.  But, it certainly does show that you can be a confirmed illegal alien social leech, but as long as you "know people" you won't face justice.  Corruption all the way to the top of the Obama administration, all before he even took office!
--Lysander Spooner

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »
your reading of the defunct proposal differs from mine.