Author Topic: Well, that ruins my whole night...  (Read 4719 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Well, that ruins my whole night...
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2014, 12:41:52 PM »
It's all rather amusing from out here in the mountain west where open carry of firearms has always been not illegal  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 06:26:50 PM »
It's all rather amusing from out here in the mountain west where open carry of firearms has always been not illegal  =)

=|  You find it amusing that human rights are being violated?  =|  ???

Just so you understand, it has always been not illegal in this part of the Midwest, except in certain towns. Pretty much like the Old West.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 06:59:42 PM »
Here's a genius advising people against open carry.
http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=1095478#.VBJtNDkhbct

In the video, while standing in his store (carrying openly) he says the following:
"Plus, we discourage it because if you are walking around with open carry and somebody burglarizes are robs your place, you are going to be the first target.”

He's [edit: NOT] the same genius that got our CCW classes screwed up for a while, and tied up gun rights' proponents on cruft they shouldn't have had to deal with. Details here: http://forums.handloads.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=29092

Sorry. These are not the same people. I know nobody cares at this point, but just wanted to clean that up.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife