Author Topic: Cleveland riots  (Read 4396 times)

Andiron

• friend
Cleveland riots
« on: May 23, 2015, 11:13:45 PM »
Here we go again, gents:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/23/verdict-reached-for-cleveland-patrolman-charged-in-deaths-suspects-amid-137/?intcmp=latestnews

TLDR version-  Cops form a polish firing squad on a shady looking car,  after a chase over perceived shots fired.  Charlie Foxtrot all around,  but the natives are restless.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Cleveland riots
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 01:58:19 AM »
Richard J. Daley where are you when your country needs you?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 09:08:31 AM »
Do good things ever happen when suspects run from police?

Anyone know how many runners actually get away?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/houston-police-officer-struck-killed-fleeing-suspect-31126613
Police officer killed by runner in Houston.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 02:16:16 PM »
The driver in Cleveland met the passenger when he was in the hospital recovering from the last failed run. Escape rt past police headquarters
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 02:26:37 PM »

Anyone know how many runners actually get away?

Unless you are on a motorcycle, it's hard to outrun Motorola.... ;)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 02:56:42 PM »
From what I saw on the news, the cop was acquitted by a judge, not by a jury.

I can understand why this would upset people who don't trust the system.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 04:12:52 PM »
The judge explained his ruling pretty thoroughly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 06:37:55 PM »
An explanation from someone people don't trust is irrelevant to all except those who aren't inclined to riot anyway.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Cleveland riots
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 06:38:45 PM »
The judge explained his ruling pretty thoroughly

How many protesters do you think would actually read the opinion....if they could?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 08:42:54 PM »
From what I saw on the news, the cop was acquitted by a judge, not by a jury.

I can understand why this would upset people who don't trust the system.

If you are on trial, your odds are much beter in your favor with a jury than a judge. The more members on the jury (12vs 6), the better your odds still.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

• friends
Re:
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 01:48:20 AM »
Depends.  If the actual law favors you go with a judge. If it's hoping for a holdout who feels like you go jury. A jury is a very fickle thing

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 10:50:23 AM »
I see "Cleveland Riots" and I wonder if the Browns named Johnny Manziel the starting QB or something. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 10:59:49 AM »
Might have misnamed the thread.   Looks like they got it out of their system in one night of minor stupid.   I really thought this one was going to go full Ferguson. 

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 11:04:20 AM »
Maybe without paid protestors it doesn't work

• friends
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 11:10:23 AM »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 11:13:03 AM »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2015, 11:16:50 AM »
An explanation from someone people don't trust is irrelevant to all except those who aren't inclined to riot anyway.

On a serious note, Hank hit the nail on the head.  The folks inclined to riot over police brutality see the whole justice system as their enemy/out to harm them.  In that world view, anything a judge says or rights is obviously to back up and protect the system that he is a part of, and screw the black folks.

Whether or not that judge is correct legally has little to no bearing on their sense of justice.  If he's in the right legally, it might be worse actually, since it's proof that the very laws themselves are written to screw them and their friends.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 12:06:16 PM »
Much truth there if you read the comments and some of the articles the people making the comments have not a clue as to what actually happened

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 12:58:43 PM »
Maybe without paid protesters it doesn't work

Bingo!
"It's good, though..."

• friends
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 02:33:29 PM »

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 03:27:04 PM »
I remember this incident. All started out when a car backfired and the popo thought they were being shot at. Chase, killing. I think the judge got it all wrong.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

• friends
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 04:53:37 PM »
Started when a guy ran after initialing pulling over for a traffic stop. His escape rt took him in front of police head quarters where someone reported shots fired. It involved 1/3 of the cops on duty. 60 cops in the chase at times. Over 20 miles. Driver had mental health issues one cop radioed in that he was not pointing a gun but some other object. He was ignored and the mwag was continued. 147 shots 43 from just the one cop charged. They offered immunity to a bunch of other cops to testify against this one they said f off.
It really came down to " did the cop believe there was a gun?" With at least another dozen cops letting off 100 rounds . I think he was gigged for being too aggressive .
We have a similar case or 2 unfolding locally.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2015, 06:35:01 PM »
Started when a guy ran after initialing pulling over for a traffic stop. His escape rt took him in front of police head quarters where someone reported shots fired. It involved 1/3 of the cops on duty. 60 cops in the chase at times. Over 20 miles. Driver had mental health issues one cop radioed in that he was not pointing a gun but some other object. He was ignored and the mwag was continued. 147 shots 43 from just the one cop charged. They offered immunity to a bunch of other cops to testify against this one they said f off.
It really came down to " did the cop believe there was a gun?" With at least another dozen cops letting off 100 rounds . I think he was gigged for being too aggressive .
We have a similar case or 2 unfolding locally.

Admittedly these are things where there is an overdose of adrenaline usually present in multiple human beings, but actually standing on the bonnet of a car that you have just chased for 20 odd miles whilst the driver isnt detained is all kind of daft in and of itself. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2015, 07:00:46 PM »
Admittedly these are things where there is an overdose of adrenaline usually present in multiple human beings, but actually standing on the bonnet of a car that you have just chased for 20 odd miles whilst the driver isnt detained is all kind of daft in and of itself. 

That's what gets me on the verdict.  I want to know where he learned that particular stupid trick.  As I said,  Polish firing squad,  this culminated in a bunch of public servants going Bonnie and Clyde on two unarmed people.   Background is irrelevant,  the cops didn't have that info. 

A bunch of people need to lose their jobs over this.

Can't wait for the day we have high res video of every single move a cop makes.  Transparency makes all of this a non issue.

• friends
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2015, 07:14:23 PM »
That's what gets me on the verdict.  I want to know where he learned that particular stupid trick.  As I said,  Polish firing squad,  this culminated in a bunch of public servants going Bonnie and Clyde on two unarmed people.   Background is irrelevant,  the cops didn't have that info. 

A bunch of people need to lose their jobs over this.

Can't wait for the day we have high res video of every single move a cop makes.  Transparency makes all of this a non issue.
Cop testified as to why he did it and how it related to his training.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD