Author Topic: Bake Annother Cake!  (Read 3025 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Bake Annother Cake!
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2018, 02:29:54 PM »
It is easy to be a keyboard commando, difficult to be a in person protester as it would actually require effort on their part.
That is where I think some of the big companies/politicians are getting fouled up.  There are lots of groups who seem to have mastered how to create a seemingly huge online presence.  I am not sure a lot of that exists in reality.

There were a handful of protestors outside that TexMex resturant in Houston, but only 8 or 10.  I haven't heard if they are still there this week.  I doubt it.  

Also, the part that I think it a newer trend:  The owner of the place took the picture down and tried to apologize online.  He essentially was surrendering to their demands.  Yet that had no effect on the attacks.  He was branded as someone who they must destroy and they would not stop until he was out of business.  I think this baker is seeing a similar attitude with attackers.  The sad part is the State of Colorado set up their regulations to empower these people with govt support.  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:21:44 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2018, 02:52:18 PM »

Also, the part that I think it a newer trend:  The owner of the place took the picture down and tried to apologize online.  He essentially was surrendering to their demands.  Yet that had no effect on the attacks.  He was branded as someone who they must destroy and they would stop until he was out of business.  I think this baker is seeing a similar attitude with attackers.  The sad part is the State of Colorado set up their regulations to empower these people with govt support. 

In some ways I look at this as a good thing in the long run. There will hopefully come a point where people will see that appeasement to these groups gains them nothing, and the very best thing they can do for themselves and society is to tell these whiners to drop dead where they stand.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2018, 09:38:00 PM »
That is my hope, right there
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)