Author Topic: Sears circling the drain  (Read 14160 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Sears circling the drain
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2014, 10:32:53 PM »
If your Prime order is late, complain about it to Amazon and they will give you a free month per the terms of your agreement.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2014, 09:22:40 AM »
Maybe it is because of my location, but I have been a Prime member for several years now, and pretty much all of my packages arrive within two business days.  The only exceptions, and they have been few, have been for weather-related delays, as when the blizzards shut down the air freight from the East Coast.  Most of my stuff arrives from either the Sumner, WA, or Henderson, NV warehouses.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2014, 10:38:07 AM »
Prime has been super quick for me as well.  In fact, I sometimes get packages the day after ordering them.  I've ordered stuff Friday morning and had it arrive Saturday.  I even get Sunday deliveries via courier from them.

Eventually we're going to get to the point where the doorbell will ring as soon as I hit "Submit Order".

Chris

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »
Eventually we're going to get to the point where the doorbell will ring as soon as I hit "Submit Order".

If it comes down to tossing the buttwad in the bathroom window while I'm on the can placing the order from my phone, then I'll retract my statement about them beating WalMart.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2014, 12:20:39 PM »
I read somewhere that the theory is that once they have to collect sales tax for all the states then they will build distribution centers in the corn fields of the major population centers.  They would then start offering dame day delivery. 

If they ever start experimenting with the drone delivery, my house sits within their delivery area.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2014, 11:56:06 AM »
I read somewhere that the theory is that once they have to collect sales tax for all the states then they will build distribution centers in the corn fields of the major population centers.  They would then start offering dame day delivery. 

If they ever start experimenting with the drone delivery, my house sits within their delivery area.

That could be a major selling point.   :lol:  I wonder what their uniforms will look like?   ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2014, 12:01:21 PM »
That could be a major selling point.   :lol:  I wonder what their uniforms will look like?   ;)

Fringed bikinis, of course. =D =| [tinfoil]
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2014, 12:35:06 PM »
Frigid bikinis, of course. =D =| [tinfoil]

Fixed, for us Northern folk.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2014, 10:05:25 PM »
Fixed, for us Northern folk.
Still a pointedly good selling point.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2014, 11:21:34 PM »
My Amazon Prime has been ridiculously quick, including Sunday deliveries, and I've actually been finding that with some orders where they use USPS, I get my orders quicker than with UPS or Fedex. The only time I've ever had any problems or delays is during the holidays, when they start contracting for more Ontrac deliveries. Ontrac seems to hire knuckleheads for part time holiday help and orders are often delayed by a day or delivered to a neighbor. All the other carriers still get me my packages in two days, even the week before Christmas (not counting weather delays).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Sears circling the drain
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2014, 07:03:09 AM »
Loves me some amazon prime.  No complaints.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2014, 08:45:49 AM »
I've had generally extremely positive experiences with Prime. I use it a lot (for personal and work related equipment), so I've had packages be a day late here or there. Rare, but it happens.

I got my kitchen table (and chairs) off sent Next Day for $4 way back when.   =D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2014, 10:54:33 AM »
Fringed bikinis, of course. =D =| [tinfoil]

But the one breast that's cut off will be disconcerting to many people.
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2014, 08:51:48 PM »

That might depend on how it was cooked...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2014, 09:27:29 PM »

Fake funbags are fine, may the wonders of modern medicine never cease. Besides which, archery and spear throwing should be no issue with an appropriate sport bra, making classical mutilation unnecessary.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2014, 11:16:42 PM »
The order I placed on the 3rd finally shipped today for delivery... next Friday.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2014, 07:47:13 AM »

Once the drones figure out doorbells.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2014, 09:05:36 AM »

Once the drones figure out doorbells.
I figure the classical mail box will turn into a drop basket of some kind with an RFID chip or something to confirm the address electronically.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2014, 10:55:24 AM »
I love Prime.  The only issues I've ever had were with 3rd party vendors poorly packing something a few times, but it by god got here on time broken or not!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »
Prime add ons are great, too.  Order something like an electronic component, and often you can get cables and such added to the order that aren't expensive enough to normally be prime eligible.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2014, 09:39:38 PM »
Amazon swindled to post office to do those deliveries to keep them afloat.
Prime really has only been possible with the multiple warehouses. Very rarely do I get a prime package that used some type of express shipping.
FYI if you don't know if you have prime you can gift it so a few other people. We gift it to my brother and my father in law.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2014, 11:18:47 AM »
Prime really has only been possible with the multiple warehouses. Very rarely do I get a prime package that used some type of express shipping.
FYI if you don't know if you have prime you can gift it so a few other people. We gift it to my brother and my father in law.

At least they do it better than Cheapthandirt.  Those scammers will charge you shipping separately if the item comes from a different warehouse.  You can end up with shipping charges that are more than the cost of the order if you are not paying attention to the final tally. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2014, 11:21:56 AM »
Back on Sears, from what I am hearing, fixing the stores would require cleaning house on a great number of middle managers to even start fixing the problems.  I doubt that would be worth it. 

IMO, once a good organization lets in idiots into its management structure and tolerates them, they hire and promote more idiots to the point that it is hard to clean up.  Idiots tend to multiply and decision making at the point of sale/production suffers.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2014, 11:25:06 AM »

USPS needed a good swindling.  In a free market, they'd be done.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”