Author Topic: Justice sometimes gets done  (Read 8738 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Justice sometimes gets done
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2014, 09:37:42 PM »
Feel free to visit white oak animal hospital and share. They won't let you post on their page at all just comments on reviews

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2014, 03:31:16 PM »
c&sd -

Seems someone has been tracking the STafford SPAC and used them as their model.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/12/pentagon-warns-euthanize-all-troops-not-adopted-holidays/?utm_source=Duffel+Blog+Email+Newsletter&utm_campaign=d2c560492b-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6128900c72-d2c560492b-23713393

I hear that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. [/snark]

stay safe.

(Yes, I know it's a satire site.)
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friends
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2014, 05:34:02 AM »
At least the local editorial cartoonist has woke up
If someone wants to post this cartoon to the SPCA page I won't mind

http://www.fredericksburg.com/opinion/editorial-cartoon/article_f8314ee0-4fd4-54c0-9234-318d93f68cae.html?mode=jqm

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2014, 06:36:31 AM »
OUCH!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friends
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2014, 12:15:43 AM »
It gets better if this is true. Woman who worked with/for them contacted me says they steal em and sell em. " Rehoming fee". She says they also cruise the shelters and grab cute lil dogs especially neutered ones and flip em . and she says she's willing to testify. If she's credible it could be interesting.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2014, 12:22:24 AM »
It gets better if this is true. Woman who worked with/for them contacted me says they steal em and sell em. " Rehoming fee". She says they also cruise the shelters and grab cute lil dogs especially neutered ones and flip em . and she says she's willing to testify. If she's credible it could be interesting.

And that sound, ladies and gentlemen, is what it sounds like when a scam implodes.....  >:D
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

• friends
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2014, 12:37:13 AM »
I really hate to say this but what I am hearing makes me think that they are desperate for money. That's why they aren't legal as a nonprofit it's been this one guys lil kingdom and he's tried to control and do it all himself. Didn't get around to or couldn't afford to get the paperwork done for the nonprofit. Not letting him off the hook but trying to be fair to him. It's a very thin shoestring they run on. Part of the reason is his personality but still.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2014, 10:24:42 AM »

If she's credible, that's despicable -- and may even be criminal fraud.

Wait -- you're saying they are not a non-profit? From the home page on their web site:

The Stafford SPCA is a Virginia Non-Stock, “Not For Profit” no-kill animal rescue organization ...

If they are a not-for-profit, they have to be incorporated and the record of who the directors are should be public information through either the state AG or the Secretary of the State.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:27:50 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

• friends
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2014, 10:34:42 AM »
Yes I turned em in. The irs says I was not the first one to do so. They are not properly papered

• friends
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2014, 10:37:36 AM »
And they get depending on the dog as much as 300- 400 bucks.  They claim that they use the money to support their activities but the records and record keeping are "curious"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2014, 12:40:28 PM »
Does it cost anything to adopt a dog from a shelter? I'm 70 years old and my family has always had dogs. I don't think we've ever paid hundreds of dollars for a stray. Most have been free.

Sounds a lot like somebody needs to audit this group.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2014, 01:00:34 PM »
We've paid (I think) $50 or $60 to adopt dogs from shelters.  It helps cover their costs for shots and neutering.  The shelter's operating expenses are covered by donations, not fees.
"It's good, though..."

• friends
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2014, 04:37:31 PM »
Yea shelters charge between 40 and 90. The 90 dollar shelter the extra pays for a coupon you take to the vet as 1/2 credit on a spay or neuter.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »
I've paid upwards of $400 for a rescue dog.* (Breed specific ). The local SPCA charges about $100 for a healthy mutt.

I think they up charge a little to weed out folks that can't afford a dog.

*true story: I needed more references to adopt a rescued GSD then my friends did to adopt a child. Dog folks be crazy.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2014, 06:36:52 PM »
Does it cost anything to adopt a dog from a shelter? I'm 70 years old and my family has always had dogs. I don't think we've ever paid hundreds of dollars for a stray. Most have been free.

Sounds a lot like somebody needs to audit this group.
Depends on the shelter. Some are as low as 50-60. Some of the more private groups vary a bit. Generics usually run a bit more, breed specific rescues can be a couple hundred.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Neemi

• friend
Re:
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2014, 07:23:31 PM »
Last time I looked at adopting a dog, I saw that no-kill shelters out here charge $200 for a mutt. I ended up finding our dog on the local classifieds. We got a good dog and a better deal - and kept him out of a shelter.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2014, 07:38:30 PM »
*true story: I needed more references to adopt a rescued GSD then my friends did to adopt a child. Dog folks be crazy.

Not so crazy that they can't figure out the real crazies are the ones paying more than the cost of a bowl and a can of wet food to get a dog.  I could bait in a half dozen strays in a weekend like that.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2014, 02:35:00 AM »

Last time I looked at adopting a dog, I saw that no-kill shelters out here charge $200 for a mutt. I ended up finding our dog on the local classifieds. We got a good dog and a better deal - and kept him out of a shelter.

This sort of thing baffles me. Animal shelters are always complaining about how hard it is to get people to adopt and as a result often have to euthanize, but then they do things like this.  ???
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
I think a lot of those fees that shelters are charging are attempts to cover the cost of spaying/neutering.  I am most amused that a shelter charges $x and then hands you a coupon for precisely $x good at your choice of any vet on their list towards the cost of the operation.

SPCA a couple of counties over used to (have no idea if they still do) do the surgery in-house and at the most they would hand you a pamphlet listing the daily costs of operation (food, electricity, heat, and yes vet services broken out) and envelope so you could send them a donation - if you wanted to.

stay safe.

• friends
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2014, 09:15:26 AM »
Locally we have a place that will give all shots microchip and spay a dog for roughly a 100 bucks and that includes 6 months heart guard

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2014, 09:24:47 AM »
Locally we have a place that will give all shots microchip and spay a dog for roughly a 100 bucks and that includes 6 months heart guard

Six months of Heartgard here is almost $100.  (I've started using the sheep version which is dirt cheap)  I'm not sure heartworms are really a problem cuz it's too cold for them in the wild 7 or 8 months of the year.
"It's good, though..."

• friends
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2014, 09:41:31 AM »
They are giving it away at cost. It's a private/public thing. Local animal shelter lets group have a small space at their shelter for low cost spay neuter clinic. The clinic dis funded run by a foundation set up by a wonderful woman. I fostered for her in the late 70's.

Neemi

• friend
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2014, 11:53:10 AM »
This sort of thing baffles me. Animal shelters are always complaining about how hard it is to get people to adopt and as a result often have to euthanize, but then they do things like this.  ???

Baffles me, too. Next pet we adopt will either be from the local classifieds again or from the Humane Society. Their adoption fees are much more reasonable, and after this story I'd rather support them than other options.

If you want a great price on shots/heartguard, go to the Humane Society. We can get a year's worth of shots (all of them), required annual heartworm testing, and meds for about $120.

• friends
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2014, 12:01:46 PM »
Yup. The folks I mentioned did rabies full spectrum of shots spayed em chipped em tested em and did heart guard for about that. Bigger dogs could be a bit more lil ones a bit less . It's a place called the virginia kinchloe clinic..