Author Topic: Crock-pot/Slow Cooker Recipes  (Read 9711 times)

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
Re: Crock-pot/Slow Cooker Recipes
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 09:15:15 PM »
Here's one I made for a company potluck that put everybody into shock when they found it was mine.

3lbs pork roast
12 oz can of root beer.

Cook for 6-8 hours on low.  Drain it, remove bones, use a fork to shred the pork. 

Put some BBQ sauce in it and serve on a bun.

Although I'm pretty sure the thing that made everybody think it was amazeballs tasty is that I usually make my own mustard BBQ sauce for it.  I never wrote the recipe down (there's like 5 ingredients too much for my brain) so I just Google up a mustard BBQ sauce and whatever's in the top 3 and looks easy is what I pick.

People that use ketchup based BBQ are heathen devil worshiping child molesting pagans that talk in movie theaters.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2013, 12:07:10 AM »
Here's one I made for a company potluck that put everybody into shock when they found it was mine.

3lbs pork roast
12 oz can of root beer.

Cook for 6-8 hours on low.  Drain it, remove bones, use a fork to shred the pork. 

Put some BBQ sauce in it and serve on a bun.

Although I'm pretty sure the thing that made everybody think it was amazeballs tasty is that I usually make my own mustard BBQ sauce for it.  I never wrote the recipe down (there's like 5 ingredients too much for my brain) so I just Google up a mustard BBQ sauce and whatever's in the top 3 and looks easy is what I pick.

People that use ketchup based BBQ are heathen devil worshiping child molesting pagans that talk in movie theaters.

Two thumbs up for pork loin in root beer. Tasty, tasty.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2013, 12:41:33 AM »
Elk ribs.

Throw them in a crockpot with a package of onion soup mix. Let it simmer until the meat is about to fall off the bone. Cover with a brown sugar/spice rub, and put them in a 350 degree oven for an hour.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2013, 08:27:50 AM »
Foul weather is in the forecast for tomorrow. I'm thinking crockpot smothered porkchops.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2013, 08:31:48 AM »
Foul weather is in the forecast for tomorrow. I'm thinking crockpot smothered porkchops.
Turkey breast in the crockpot for today.  Mashed taters on the menu as well.  I think we're doing Thanksgiving in December. :)

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2013, 08:33:51 AM »
Hot damn! I didn't have any turkey at Thanksgiving for the first time in my life.

How about I stop and get us a nice crusty loaf of bread?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2013, 02:27:59 PM »
I'm cooking turkey enchiladas for a church potluck tomorrow.  I'm not going to roll them up, just make stacked enchiladas in a 9x13" pan kind of like lasagna, using canned green enchilada sauce.  Didn't roast a turkey this year cuz T'giving was at MIL's house, so I dug some roast turkey out of the freezer.  

I'll probably cook a turkey for Christmas -- I picked up a frozen bird on Freecycle this week; it had been in someone's freezer since last year so they wanted to get rid of it.  (I probably have a small flock of frozen chickens in the bottom of the little chest freezer pushing 20 years old :lol: )  The turkey is on the passenger seat of the truck for now; no chance of it thawing out there.  Brrrr.
"It's good, though..."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »
Dad's got to make a grocery store run. I gave him a list with the fixings for chili. I don't think the 4 1/2 lbs. of pork is going to last as long as I initially expected.

In other news, bbq pork sammiches make for a great late breakfast. Yummy, yummy in my tummy.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2013, 06:51:48 PM »
Urp.  I'm stuffed.

Chris