Author Topic: San Francisco Sheriff Charged with Domestic Violence  (Read 1854 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
San Francisco Sheriff Charged with Domestic Violence
« on: January 14, 2012, 03:16:12 PM »
I'll be interested to see, if he is found guilty, if he loses his firearm ownership rights.

He could very well be innocent, and as the story implies, a nosy neighbor took things out of context, but I wonder if that happened to a "regular" citizen, if the SF prosecutor would still give a caveat like:

"While I do not relish having to bring charges against a San Francisco elected official, I have taken an oath to uphold the laws of the state of California," Gascon said. "Whether this was the elected sheriff or any other San Francisco resident, this type of behavior is inexcusable, criminal and will be prosecuted."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/14/new-san-francisco-sheriff-charged-with-domestic-violence/?test=latestnews#ixzz1jSv8tX7T
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: San Francisco Sheriff Charged with Domestic Violence
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 04:14:33 PM »
I think the prosecutor's statement is valid. I've been around peers having to get their life crushed for their stupidity, it sucks, but you do your job. We get Lautenberg screened in the military, so if they play by the rules, yes he'd lose the ability not just to own guns but to handle them on duty.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »
While I truly hate the lautenberg amendment it is truly funny seeing Ross Mirikami (SP?)
getting his just deserts - before becoming Sheriff he was a huge pain in the neck to CA gun owners and SF gunnies in particular.

I LOL'd when I saw this on the news last night.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 09:22:53 PM »
Update:  apparently there was more than one incident:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/01/17/BAQ21MQIJJ.DTL

(01-17) 17:30 PST SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi's wife said in a videotaped account of his alleged New Year's Eve attack against her that he had manhandled her on an earlier occasion last year, and that the former city supervisor had warned her he could gain custody of their young son because he was "very powerful," court documents show.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 09:46:47 AM »
Update:  apparently there was more than one incident:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/01/17/BAQ21MQIJJ.DTL

Oopsie! He is going to reap what he has sown......
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »
Nothing warms my heart like seeing a lefty get pwned by the same laws they support.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 12:26:13 AM »
Nothing warms my heart like seeing a lefty get pwned by the same laws they support.

Its tooo freaking awesome, Mirikami has been a total irrational control freak WRT gun issues.  :cool: :cool: >:D >:D [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15]
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."