Author Topic: San Francisco cop arrested for possessing an "assault weapon"  (Read 914 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/07/26/san-francisco-cop-arrested-for-manufacturing-possessing-assault-rifle/

I have a mixed reaction about this:

- Somewhat gratified that the law is being applied to LEOs as well as the "little people."

- The cop should have known that what he was doing was illegal.

- It is legal for LEOs to have personal "assault weapons" in California if the police chief signs off on it.  Apparently that did not happen in this case.

- The ban itself is asinine and does nothing to reduce violence.

- I doubt that the cop in question posed any danger to public safety, with or without the "assault weapon."

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: San Francisco cop arrested for possessing an "assault weapon"
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 02:38:31 PM »
Wonder if it was in a more rural/conservative part of Kalifornia that it would have even been investigated.  (Chief finds out, calls officer in and says, here is you permission slip, don't let it happen again.  wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 02:42:09 PM »
I have a mixed reaction about this:

- Somewhat gratified that the law is being applied to LEOs as well as the "little people."

Agreed.

- The ban itself is asinine and does nothing to reduce violence.

- I doubt that the cop in question posed any danger to public safety, with or without the "assault weapon."

Also agreed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »
In the statement released Tuesday night, San Francisco’s Acting Chief of Police Toney Chaplin said, “In the spirit of the Not on My Watch initiative, Department members will continue to hold each other accountable and will act swiftly to report any behavior that might bring dishonor to the Police Department.”

I don;t mind that LEOs are being held to the same standard as us proles, but I think there are OTHER infractions bringing dishonor to the department that are a mite more serious.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton