Author Topic: Has H.S. Precision suffered after the venomous rage of gun owners?  (Read 5908 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Has H.S. Precision suffered after the venomous rage of gun owners?
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 04:36:01 PM »
But not buying from them, and hating them are 2 different things.  Hating them is something I'm not prepared to do based off such scarce real information.

Who told you to hate them?  Boycotting and letter-writing isn't hatred; it's peaceful protest.  I'd be perfectly willing to agree with your rational skepticism of exactly what happened at Ruby Ridge.  I don't claim to know what happened, either.  But the accusation of hatred is not the most cleanly objective tactic on your part, either. 

Werewolf,

Zumbo is back on the air, apparently, yes.  But only after crawling to Ted Nugent on his hands and knees, kissing the ring, and groveling in repentance.  Not that I like Ted Nugent all that much, but the point is that Zumbo got spanked real good and hard, by regular folks at their keyboards, and other gun-writers learned that they WILL NOT publicly disrespect our rights, if they want to keep their jobs.  From what I gather, Zumbo is still fired from Outdoor Life.

AJ Dual is dead right about forcing Zumbo to agree with us, whether he means it or not.  That is exactly what we should expect from our politicians, too.  I may not be able to change a politician's private views, but if he will represent my view, fight for my view, in the statehouse/Capitol Building, then he is doing his job. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 06:31:31 PM »
in fact?  that woulda been unusual for her.  she went armed to the store and she was unarmed during a seige of her house?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 07:00:19 PM »
in fact?  that woulda been unusual for her.  she went armed to the store and she was unarmed during a seige of her house?

Give it a break, daddy. 
 :lol:
This ain't about you and how right you are.
7-11 was a part time job.

• friends
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2009, 07:16:22 PM »
810 Gritz was asked during this inquiry whether, at any point leading up to Harris' surrender, he had detected odors associated with a dead body. Gritz said that he had not detected such odors and explained that he was very familiar with the odor of death, due to extensive service in Viet Nam. Gritz retired from the Special Forces at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in 1979.

Soon after Harris' surrender, Gritz persuaded Weaver to allow him and Jackie Brown to come inside the residence and remove Vicki Weaver's body. He obtained a body bag and, with Randy Weaver's assistance, placed Vicki Weaver's body in the bag. Gritz detected only minimal odor and was unable to explain why the very recognizable odor usually associated with a several-day-old corpse had not permeated the residence. When Gritz placed the body in the bag, he removed what he described as a holstered nine millimeter semi-automatic pistol.

http://www.byington.org/Carl/ruby/ruby4h.htm
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2009, 08:47:07 PM »
Note that the Feds paid a settlement in excess of $3,000,000 to the Weaver family . . . if Horiuchi & Company were in the right, the Feds would've spent 10x that amount fighting it in Federal court.

But it's hard to defend the indefensible . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 03:52:16 PM »
Note that the Feds paid a settlement in excess of $3,000,000 to the Weaver family . . . if Horiuchi & Company were in the right, the Feds would've spent 10x that amount fighting it in Federal court.

But it's hard to defend the indefensible . . .

That would be because the rules of engagement under which Weaver was shot were universally described (including by the FBI) as illegal on their face, and befitting a war zone, not a law enforcement action.  It became embarrassing when it was clear agents on hand didn't spend a moment questioning the unlawful orders.  Individuals who knew Horiuchi before the shooting have said that he was looking to make his bones by killing someone, and I suspect that DOJ came across his reputation and decided that it was best to pay rather than letting that get out.

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 09:03:36 PM »
Individuals who knew Horiuchi before the shooting have said that he was looking to make his bones by killing someone,

really?  thats the first time i ever heard  THAT one.  and there are some doozeys out there

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 08:37:54 AM »
On second thought, he's not worth rehashing again.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:53:40 AM by buzz_knox »

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 08:53:48 AM »
Someone on THR claims they knew him too from the military... said he "wasn't surprised" he shot unarmed people.  Although that could have been complete BS, but I think it was someone w/ 2k+ posts and no real reason to lie.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 09:09:33 AM »
Someone on THR claims they knew him too from the military... said he "wasn't surprised" he shot unarmed people.  Although that could have been complete BS, but I think it was someone w/ 2k+ posts and no real reason to lie.

I've heard lots of anecdotal third-hand tales as well that Horiuchi was a callous jerk as well.

However, considering the events he's tied to, it's all very suspect. Human memory is rather malleable, despite all our personal convictions otherwise. For all we know he was a perfectly amiable normal guy who had a bad day or said something regrettable like most anyone would. Then after Ruby Ridge, people who had personal experience of him may have edited their memories, or what stuck out to them to "fit" his new public persona of murderous sniper, etc.

That's not to say he wasn't a class A-1 jerk either. Just that there's no verifiable way to know, unless someone's got a letter, memo, or recording of him saying he was really interested in what killing someone would be like.
I promise not to duck.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2009, 09:11:44 AM »
Saw on another forum that the H-S Precision booth at the SHOT show wasn't seeing much traffic . . . a few people were stopping by and looking to see if the Horiuchi endorsement was present in their literature.

It wasn't . . . but I guess a few people let it be known to the guys in the booth that using Horiuchi was a truly odious action. (No word on their response.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain