Author Topic: Dick's Sporting Goods  (Read 4535 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Dick's Sporting Goods
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 04:06:51 PM »
It happened a pretty long time ago. I think it might have been 6 months ago... That place was 5 minutes away from where I live, and I thought wasn't quite as pricey as Gander Mountain. Their Spyderco selection was decent, which I liked. Gander Mountain's isnt.

I bought a couple of Spydercos (Delica-4 and Endura-4 Wave) for cheap when the WB location went out of business. They had a Spyderco Persian there too that I had been eying up for a long time, but that was gone by the time I got to their sale.,

And I know there's better places in WI, but it had the largest reloading section I've ever personally been in.

At least I have Cabela's very close by, but  I miss the bulk ammo sold at SW.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 04:17:34 PM »
At least I have Cabela's very close by, but  I miss the bulk ammo sold at SW.

I miss getting Cast Performance 300 WFNGC bullets for $30/100. :(

Chris

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 11:22:02 PM »
Interesting comments above about the malls.  This very first Dick's is going into a mall in Puyallup, about 35 miles south of Seattle.  It is taking over a vacant Linens n' Things and a Circuit City that have been sitting empty for over a year. 

It would be a 120 mile round trip for me, so with the price of gas what it is, it doesn't sound like it is worth a special trip until one gets built much closer to me.

Cabela's in Lacey isn't much further.  Also, Kesselring Gun Shop, about nine miles north of Burlington.  Not an outdoors store, but a great gun shop.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 01:18:36 AM »
Cabela's in Lacey isn't much further.  Also, Kesselring Gun Shop, about nine miles north of Burlington.  Not an outdoors store, but a great gun shop.

O rly? I've yet to find a decent gun store round here. Heck, I've never personally found a gun store I much liked anywhere I've lived. DJ's Loans in Bothell has a lot of cool old guns, but I went there for the first time recently and over heard a clerk (who was pushing an airweight snubbie on a woman as a first gun  :rolleyes: ) tell her that with the Taurus Judge (.410 pistol) there's no need to aim.  ;/ ;/ Soured me on the whole place, honestly.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 08:23:30 AM »
I've been in DJ's, too.  I like the folks in Wade's, but it's not much bigger than DJ's.  I liked Joe's, but they're out of business.  Have you been in Kesselring ?

Generally speaking, I much prefer the Phoenix gun stores.  Keep and Bear Arms in Scottsdale, Lone Wolf in Peoria.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 09:35:50 AM »
On occasion I'll wander into the local Dicks. It used to be Galyans and was much better back then.

If I need backpacking/paddling outdoor gear REI down the road is better.

If I need fishing or hunting gear Bass Pro isn't far, Gander Mountain is 35 minutes away and Cabelas is 45 minutes away.

For firearm related stuff I go to the range I shoot at or a store called Megasports in Plainfield.

Dicks is a lot like Sportmart for the outdoor type. Too much golf stuff also.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 11:08:42 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 09:56:43 AM »
On occasion I'll wander into the local Dicks. It used to be Galyans and was much better back then.

Our local Galyans became a Dicks as well.  Galyans was pretty good, had a good selection, useful staff, etc.  Dicks, not so much.

Chris

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 10:17:31 AM »
Balog, Kesselring is particularly good if you are into hunting rifles or long-distance rifle shooting.  Handguns and accessories, not necessarily so much. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 10:55:47 AM »
I've been in DJ's, too.  I like the folks in Wade's, but it's not much bigger than DJ's.  I liked Joe's, but they're out of business.  Have you been in Kesselring ?

Generally speaking, I much prefer the Phoenix gun stores.  Keep and Bear Arms in Scottsdale, Lone Wolf in Peoria.

Wade's is ok, but overpriced imho. Never been to Kesselring, have to check that out.

Balog, Kesselring is particularly good if you are into hunting rifles or long-distance rifle shooting.  Handguns and accessories, not necessarily so much. 

I actually need different scope rings (the ones I have are too low for the bolt handle to clear the bell) so I may go check them out this weekend.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 03:13:08 PM »
The dick's here in Woodbridge had the coolest beer coozies on sale, though, last time I was in there.
They have a magnet in the back of them you can stick it to the side of a car, toolbox, whatever.

I found an additional use for them. 

I can stick them on the hard-top supports in the boat and have fishing line handy for making leaders in a hurry.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 05:48:13 PM »
Those things are just screaming for a joke in poor taste.   :lol: