Author Topic: I need to share something IMPORTANT...  (Read 4753 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: I need to share something IMPORTANT...
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 10:49:57 PM »
Good to know I'm not the only stubborn one. I once drove myself to the hospital when my blood-potassium level was 2.4 or so and I was going into some kind of shock. Another time, I drove myself to the hospital while having a BP of 196/113 and 130+ BPM. FUN TIMES.  =D

I cracked 220/145 when I drove myself in with CHF!   Course, I didn't know it was anything like that at the time.  Wait, that is not a contest I want to win...

PTK

• friends
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 11:44:14 PM »
Dionysusigma

I don't get it.  ???
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »
Dionysusigma

I don't get it.  ???
FS got it, but more specifically: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479884/plotsummary

=)
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 06:41:08 PM »
<deleted>
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 01:17:55 PM by Dionysusigma »
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2009, 07:07:53 PM »
Well, if my wife is right beside me, and the paramedics are at the hospital, which would be faster?

Of course it depends on whether or not I can walk, 'cause my wife is NOT capable of carrying me to the car.
D. R. ZINN

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »
http://www.garynorth.com/public/5797.cfm

So disturbing and so true.

One sentence explains it all.
If you take the government's nickel, you also take its noose.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 11:46:57 PM »
Hmmm... you know, I'll bet that a few people have died while trying to contact 911 because they couldn't find the "11" key.

When I trained as a CPR instructor we were taught to teach our students that it is always nine one one precisely because, just as there are documented cases of very young kids saving the day by dialing 911, there are also documented cases of junior finding the nine and not the eleven.

Another "OH! For..." element was the need, prior to caller ID and autolocate software, to be able to give your location with some precision.  The backup story in the class was of a guy at a friend's house for Monday Night Football when the friend went into arrest.  The had been doing the Monday thing for years, could and had driven and walked to and from his friend's while very drunk, but could not give an address or cross street.  Exit friend.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 12:25:01 AM »
Well, if my wife is right beside me, and the paramedics are at the hospital, which would be faster?

Of course it depends on whether or not I can walk, 'cause my wife is NOT capable of carrying me to the car.

I think the point is that (sometimes) an ambulance can get to you faster than you can get to the hospital.  And the ambulance has a lot of life-saving equipment on board. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2009, 01:44:40 AM »
I think the point is that (sometimes) an ambulance can get to you faster than you can get to the hospital.  And the ambulance has a lot of life-saving equipment on board.

It boils down to what they have that you don't.  Assuming I can drive, I can be in the ER about 2 minutes before the ambulance can get to my house.  If I'm hurt bad enough to let my wife drive, that would add about 5-15 minutes.  If I need a defibrillator, I'm better off waiting for the ambulance.  If I need direct pressure or a splint, I'll already have that done and they'd only be a really expensive taxi service anyway.