Author Topic: Crazy near injury.  (Read 3802 times)

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: Crazy near injury.
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »
My uncle had a very large commercial breaker box arc flash on him a few months (a year?) ago in Elizabeth City's KFC.
His arms were very badly toasted but he's made a full recovery.

Then a month or two ago my dad's hand got pulled into his printing press's rollers.  Grinded the top layer of skin off and was very similar to a burn.

Worst I've had is a very annoying freon burn that made my hand barely usable for two days.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 09:57:56 PM »
Never too late...
Long story short:
Wrestling around with my son when he was 2 years old. Caught a fingernail right dead center in my field of vision in my right eye. Went to eye doc. Has the eye hosed out then had some sort of red dye put in my eye so he could scope it. It was weird having the red dye coming out of my nose for the next hour. Had to put steroid drops in my eye for the next 6 months and antibiotic drops for 3 months. Looking through my eye seemed like there was a smudge of vaseline on the lens. Sometimes I'd wake up in the morning, my eye would be dry, and the crescent shaped flap of cornea would detach when I opened my eye. Itched like hell. Took well over a year to fully heal, and almost 2 years before my vision was almost back to where it was before the incident.

Only positive outcome was that it improved my shooting with iron sights. I had to focus on the front sight because I could not see the target downrange very well, let alone try to focus on it.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 10:03:28 PM »
My dad was, um, welding or something I forget the details.  Anyway, he was carrying a red hot pokey-thing from A to B, and slipped on ice.  He jabbed the thing into his thigh, giving himself a nicely cauterized wound.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 10:25:26 PM »
One time in brazing class I soldered two small lengths of copper pipe together, picked them up with a pair of pliers and threw them into a pile of copper pipes to my left.  I briefly rummaged through a small pile of pipes on the right for suitable candidates for the next joint but couldn't find one, reached into the pile to my left and guess what the first thing my hand met was.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 11:11:32 PM »
I broke my collarbone while running away from a sorority girl. That count for anything?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 11:15:59 PM »
I broke my collarbone while running away from a sorority girl. That count for anything?
Why would you run away from a sorority girl?

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 01:45:43 AM »
My only good one was a ratchet suddenly stripping while pulling off a brake caliper bolt.  My right thumb slammed into something sharp.  I still have the scar.  I'm lucky it didn't destroy the nail.

Strangely, my only thought at the time was how vividly RED the blood looked against the black brake dust that covered my hand.  I probably only lost a teaspoon of blood, but I swear it looked like a gallon of it pouring out.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 02:13:20 AM »
We were playing a capture the flag tournament. I went to dodge around her, my feet slipped out from under me, and I went butt over teakettle. Stood up, and found out my collarbone had turned into collarbones...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 03:03:54 AM »
Hmm...how was the pay?   

I don't actually remember - I think it was about $10 per hour.

Which, after the Israeli taxation netted you about $3, right?   =D
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 03:10:38 AM »

You do realize you just bumped a two plus year old thread, right?

No, I missed the date on the posts.  My bad.  But, as they say, the devil’s in the details and I wasn't paying attention.  Pesky details!

I should start a "what caliber for spam" thread!  :angel:

One day I was browsing through my favorite internet forum, when a rusty old thread suddenly came back to life and went right into my eyes. 

Now that was funny!   :laugh:

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 07:31:43 AM »
No, I missed the date on the posts.  My bad.  But, as they say, the devil’s in the details and I wasn't paying attention.  Pesky details!

I should start a "what caliber for spam" thread!  :angel:

Now that was funny!   :laugh:

Not your fault.  Spammer bumped the thread.  You replied to the spammer.  Much higher quality of spam, not just a bot..... :laugh:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”