Author Topic: Oxford U investigates Yeti  (Read 909 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Oxford U investigates Yeti
« on: May 24, 2012, 01:38:18 AM »
http://io9.com/5912671/oxford-university-is-going-yeti+hunting

"In the last two years it has become clear that there was considerable inter-breeding between Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals ... about 2 to 4 percent of the DNA of each individual European is Neanderthal," he said.

Except the Irish, they have Basque DNA.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Oxford U investigates Yeti
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 03:42:13 AM »
I went through boot camp with a guy that looked like he could have been a museum display of a Neanderthal.

As to bigfoot and yetis, possible yes, probable no.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:19:32 AM »
So convinced that behind the scenes (meaning not in public view) she and her team have begun to put together materials to pass onto congress to ensure the protection of the species. They are afraid that once their study confirms the existence of the undocumented hominid, that hunters will go out in force to bag a body.
:lol: :lol: :lol:  I guess there are hunters who would do this, but I really doubt there are that many. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 11:08:52 AM »
I went through boot camp with a guy that looked like he could have been a museum display of a Neanderthal.

As to bigfoot and yetis, possible yes, probable no.

Same here, only it was grade school.

Anything is possible.  There could even be intelligent life on earth.  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »
I have always been intrigued by the hypothesis that Neanderthals were humans who lived to an advanced age.

But then, I know almost nothing about Neanderthals, so that could be simply absurd.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 02:32:25 PM »
I have always been intrigued by the hypothesis that Neanderthals were humans who lived to an advanced age.

7 or 8 hundred years, maybe?

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 05:19:27 PM »
7 or 8 hundred years, maybe?

Biblical ages, yes.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 10:32:53 PM »
Anything is possible.  There could even be intelligent life on earth.  :lol:

There is intelligent life on Earth. But I'm going home next Tuesday.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.