Author Topic: Montana Carry update, straight from the horse's mouth  (Read 23169 times)

PTK

• friends
Re: Montana Carry update, straight from the horse's mouth
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2011, 10:10:42 AM »
I shouldn't have tried to read any of those. If you're already PO'd about this, DON'T read those comments.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2011, 10:57:19 AM »
Well, I hope Gov Shyster and all those people enjoy seeing me open carry  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

PTK

• friends
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2011, 11:01:06 AM »
Pretty much what I've been seeing today so far, yesterday was a bit more than usual but not by much.

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2011, 10:37:30 PM »
On top of everything else, Gov Shyster could have vetoed the medical marijuana crackdown, but instead chose to let it become law without signing it.  That would have at least been a sorta Democratic type issue.

So apparently he is a tyrant who has no regard for any type of civil liberties  :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

PTK

• friends
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2011, 12:07:23 PM »
Pretty much. Again, as a friend said to me "I hope Schweitzer doesn't plan to live in Montana after his term is up. In both meanings of "live... in MT.""

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2011, 03:06:45 PM »
Pretty much. Again, as a friend said to me "I hope Schweitzer doesn't plan to live in Montana after his term is up. In both meanings of "live... in MT.""

Unfortunately, I bet he's planning on living in DC  =(

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa

PTK

• friends
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2011, 03:46:19 PM »
Unfortunately, I bet he's planning on living in DC  =(

Same. He's planning on a Federal job, methinks.:(

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

PTK

• friends
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2011, 05:48:24 PM »
No, Schweitzer is much more of a self-serving d*ck.... =|

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2011, 10:48:08 PM »
I just realized something...  this vote is the only thing keeping MT from having a perfect 0 on our Brady score!

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/MT/

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2011, 10:57:23 PM »
I just realized something...  this vote is the only thing keeping MT from having a perfect 0 on our Brady score!

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/MT/

Perfect is 2 under par.

Although campus carry is what will keep a lot of states at zero IMO.

"But, but the children" has more legs, no matter how dumb, as an emotional argument in the eyes of the moms of America right now then the anti-Con carry argument which runs into the easily digested counter concept that "if you aren't legal you're carrying anyway, so if you're legal why require a permit?".
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."