Author Topic: Brits get to snub Obama, for once  (Read 6347 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Brits get to snub Obama, for once
« on: May 24, 2011, 01:33:22 PM »
Scotland Yard basically gave Obama the code name of "smart ass". In Punjabi. They insist that it was randomly chosen by computer. Sure...after all the snubs against Britian that Obama has done...it's about time...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110524/ts_yblog_theticket/obama-code-named-smart-alec-in-britain

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
Re: Brits get to snub Obama, for once
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 01:48:09 PM »
Scotland Yard basically gave Obama the code name of "smart ass". In Punjabi. They insist that it was randomly chosen by computer. Sure...after all the snubs against Britian that Obama has done...it's about time...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110524/ts_yblog_theticket/obama-code-named-smart-alec-in-britain
After his recent comments, if he ever visits Israel he'll be known as "meshuggah" . . . or "pisher" . . . or maybe even "schmegeggy."  ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 03:32:44 PM »
Schmuck would work as well, as would Shmendrik and bupkes.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 06:24:40 PM »
The customary British understatement. I would have opted for "wanker" if I'd had any say.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 09:42:56 PM »
Schmuck would work as well, as would Shmendrik and bupkes.

Haman?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 09:57:05 PM »
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 10:03:43 PM »
Just a family affair.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 05:24:33 AM »
Did you see the look the Queen gave him when he continued his toast during God Save the Queen? That was classic...no everyday the Queen gets to give a WTF look  :lol:
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 09:49:41 AM »

f the protocol i'm pals with Opra
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 11:11:20 AM »
Did you see the look the Queen gave him when he continued his toast during God Save the Queen? That was classic...no everyday the Queen gets to give a WTF look  :lol:

Share, plz.  Got link?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 01:07:28 PM »
Share, plz.  Got link?
http://abcnews.go.com/International/video/obamas-toast-queen-turns-awkward-13678496
I think if he had his teleprompter with him he would have been okay. He spent a lot of time looking down at his notes so he could give the toast.

...and GWB was the dummy.  ;/
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 04:07:30 PM »
 :facepalm:

Yeah I got nothin' else for that.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 04:38:36 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/International/video/obamas-toast-queen-turns-awkward-13678496
I think if he had his teleprompter with him he would have been okay. He spent a lot of time looking down at his notes so he could give the toast.

...and GWB was the dummy.  ;/

Lulz.

I guess protocol would have been for the Prez to shut up and let the orchestra finish up despite their faux pas, then conclude his toast, rather than speaking during "God Save the Queen" / "My Country 'Tis of Thee"?

Is that kinda like the azzhat that keeps his ballcap on, doesn't stand, keeps talking with his buddies, and doesn't cover his heart when they play "The Star Spangled Banner?"
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 04:43:00 PM »
Lulz.

I guess protocol would have been for the Prez to shut up and let the orchestra finish up despite their faux pas, then conclude his toast, rather than speaking during "God Save the Queen" / "My Country 'Tis of Thee"?

Is that kinda like the azzhat that keeps his ballcap on, doesn't stand, keeps talking with his buddies, and doesn't cover his heart when they play "The Star Spangled Banner?"

Actually, protocol is to give the toast AFTER the orchestra plays "God Save the Queen." You'll note when he asks everyone to take their glasses, he's the only one who did. The orchestra committed no faux pas. It was all Obama, our media is just trying to blame the orchestra to avoid blaming him. Look at how he looks once he puts the glass down.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 04:49:06 PM »
Man, he just keeps effing up our relationship with our one truly worthwhile ally.  The Churchill bust, the iPod, the DVD's with the wrong region encoding, the tastelessness of electronics as State gifts, the "France is our greatest ally" gaffe, and now this.  And I probably forgot a few.

I'm not one for blind subservience to royalty by any means, but God save the Queen from exhaspiration or outrage over this dingbat failed statesman wannabe. =(
--Lysander Spooner

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 05:06:49 PM »
Any apps out there for using iPad as a personal teleprompter?  Seems this guy really needs help.

BTW, I remember he fired the protocol department when I ascended to the WH.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 07:52:39 PM »
Lulz.

Exactly, or may be to wait until after.

Either way, class would dictate shutting the hell up and finishing afterwards. That and for such a short simple toast he needs note cards? Seriously? The one who I constantly hear is such a great orator? That in itself is humiliating.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 08:48:27 AM »
That and for such a short simple toast he needs note cards? Seriously? The one who I constantly hear is such a great orator? That in itself is humiliating.

I didn't even think about that one. He looked like a nervous best man looking off those note cards. >.<
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 10:59:24 AM »
Yeah, but at least he didn't bow or curtsy on camera this time, did he?  ;/

"Empty suit" is the most charitable thing I can say about him . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 11:23:10 AM »
Yeah, but at least he didn't bow or curtsy on camera this time, did he?  ;/

"Empty suit" is the most charitable thing I can say about him . . .

Nah, he could never bow to the Head of State of a country that is actually our ally.  Always gotta debase us to our enemies, and be standoffish with our allies.
--Lysander Spooner