Author Topic: We definitely need some political humor right now.  (Read 3132 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
We definitely need some political humor right now.
« on: November 07, 2012, 12:18:51 AM »
I'll start.

A few months back, a friend of mine said that if Obama gets a second term, it's going to be tough. 'Cause look at the mess he'll inherit.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cosine

• Administrator
Re: We definitely need some political humor right now.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 12:19:32 AM »
 :rofl:

=(
Andy

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 12:21:08 AM »
Thank you. I did need that smile. I refuse to get depressed about this. My children need determination, not grief.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 02:30:20 AM »
From my daughter:

Why can't Mr. Scissors become President?

Because no one will run with him!  :facepalm:
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 12:52:23 AM »
Election day text from a friend, who stole it from someone else:

"Our choice is between a man who thinks he is God, and a man who thinks he can become a god."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 12:54:23 AM »
I'm getting my laughs from the delusional optimism of well-dressed men I am seeing on Fox.  These are men who think we didn't really lose this last election or that Obama--wait for it--is going to moderate and move to the center.  Where did I hear that last one before???
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 01:19:47 AM »
longeyes, can you please take that stuff somewhere else? We have plenty of threads for you to be serious in, or you could start a new one. This one should be fun.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 02:38:42 AM »
Joe Biden. :D :D :D

That is all.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 02:56:49 AM »
Seen on Instapundit:

Marijuana More Popular Than Barack Obama In Colorado. Well, one of them just gives you a brief good feeling and then leaves you poorer, depressed, and unable to make anything of yourself. And the other is a psychoactive drug.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 03:05:54 AM »
Bad Lip Reading- 1st Presidential Debate of 2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlwilbVYvUg

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 01:17:45 PM »
longeyes, can you please take that stuff somewhere else? We have plenty of threads for you to be serious in, or you could start a new one. This one should be fun.

I'm having plenty of fun; sorry you're not.  I guess my sense of humor is darker than yours, that's all.  But, hey, enjoy your thread.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Buzzcook

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 01:30:09 PM »
Funniest story of the year.

http://dailycurrant.com/2012/11/06/george-bush-accidently-votes-obama/

This is probably not going to be a widely covered story.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 01:33:52 PM »
Funniest story of the year.

http://dailycurrant.com/2012/11/06/george-bush-accidently-votes-obama/

This is probably not going to be a widely covered story.

funny stuff!  :rofl:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 01:36:16 PM »
"...mismaladjusted..."  :lol:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 01:43:06 PM »
To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II:

In light of your immediate failure to financially manage yourselves and also in recent years your tendency to elect incompetent Presidents of the USA and therefore not able to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up ‘revocation’ in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except Kansas, which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, David Cameron, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.

Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated sometime next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

1. The letter ‘U’ will be reinstated in words such as ‘colour,’ ‘favour,’ ‘labour’ and ‘neighbour.’ Likewise, you will learn to spell ‘doughnut’ without skipping half the letters, and the suffix ‘-ize’ will be replaced by the suffix ‘-ise.’Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up ‘vocabulary’).

2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ”like’ and ‘you know’ is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter ‘u' and the elimination of ‘-ize.’

3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you’re not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can’t sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you’re not ready to shoot grouse.

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.)

8.You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. New Zealand beer is also acceptable, as New Zealand is pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth – see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat’s Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

God Save the Queen.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 03:17:57 PM »
^^ Ectually the above sounds like a bloody good idear, but only if the vegetable peeler is plastic and not metal.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 03:51:58 PM »
To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II:

In light of your immediate failure to financially manage yourselves and also in recent years your tendency to elect incompetent Presidents of the USA and therefore not able to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up ‘revocation’ in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except Kansas, which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, David Cameron, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.

Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated sometime next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

1. The letter ‘U’ will be reinstated in words such as ‘colour,’ ‘favour,’ ‘labour’ and ‘neighbour.’ Likewise, you will learn to spell ‘doughnut’ without skipping half the letters, and the suffix ‘-ize’ will be replaced by the suffix ‘-ise.’Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up ‘vocabulary’).

2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ”like’ and ‘you know’ is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter ‘u' and the elimination of ‘-ize.’

3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you’re not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can’t sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you’re not ready to shoot grouse.

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.)

8.You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. New Zealand beer is also acceptable, as New Zealand is pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth – see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat’s Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

God Save the Queen.

Sounds GREAT, except the weapons thing.

I mean, licensing people to run around with VEGETABLE PEELERS???

There'll be peels in the streets!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 03:54:28 PM »
^^^ I did like the part about solving problems with lawyers or therapists.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 06:04:43 PM »
The rapists? Where?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 06:55:53 PM »
I'll start.

A few months back, a friend of mine said that if Obama gets a second term, it's going to be tough. 'Cause look at the mess he'll inherit.

Heard this one from our office manager yesterday:

"You know, they're going to tax aspirin starting January.  Why..."

<"thats rassis!">"Because it's white, and it works."</"that's rassis!">

(Hmmm.  Looks like someone made a bumpersticker out of it.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:59:49 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.