Author Topic: GOP Ouroboros  (Read 1329 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
GOP Ouroboros
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »
Karl Rove is going to be the first casualty in the battle for control of the GOP between middle America and the Beltway New England Blue Blood Elite.

http://www.businessinsider.com/karl-rove-gop-money-civil-war-republicans-2012-11#ixzz2C1BglWKm

"A party who won't paint in bold colors, who puts out flawed messengers, who doesn't focus on fundamentals, who pisses off the young and the libertarian, well, that party just got what was coming to it."

Moneyquote.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: GOP Ouroboros
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 10:23:06 AM »
Ha! You scared me there for a second. Until I read the article, with your post referencing Rove and the quote, I thought I'd woken up in Bizarro World and that Rove was the person quoted.

He definitely needs to step back. Whether he will, or will be forced back, well, I have great doubts.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:11:41 AM »
Zombies have a way of returning.  Rove can architect the rise of the remarkable Jeb Bush or, even better, George P. Bush.  These are the first of the new Republicans who are both Neo-Cons and Latino jefes.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:18:01 AM »
Zombies have a way of returning.  Rove can architect the rise of the remarkable Jeb Bush or, even better, George P. Bush.  These are the first of the new Republicans who are both Neo-Cons and Latino jefes.

Ugh.  Don't get me started on that pile of horse dung.  Rubio, Jeb Bush, et alia.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »
Amen to that.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »

I highly doubt anyone with the last name of "Bush" will ever get elected again to the Presidency. Highly doubt. The frothing at the mouth is epic across America.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »
I hope that's right, but George P. Bush could bring back the brand.  I know, I know, but **** happens.

Ouroboros = The Eternal Return of the Bushes.  :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:57:11 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »

George P lives in Ft Worth and just filed papers indicating he will be a candidate for something the next election.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/178932151.html

Lord help us all.

I am stating for the record, I will never, ever, never , not ever, nuh-uh, no way, not even if waterboarded vote for another Bush. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 07:20:21 PM »
Ouroboros? How so?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 03:48:00 PM »
Eating itself alive.
--Lysander Spooner