Author Topic: Moratorium on "Why was I banned threads."  (Read 922 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Moratorium on "Why was I banned threads."
« on: August 08, 2007, 10:57:14 AM »
All,

I sort of hate to do it, but I'm declaring a moratorium on threads concerning why an individual or group was banned from The High Road.

There have been several threads on the topic over the past couple of days, and pretty much without exception they have all been civil even when differences of opinion have been expressed.

Oleg has been asked some questions, and it's now up to him as to when, or if, he replies to them.

In the mean time I'll remind everyone that even if you were banned at THR you are perfectly welcome to continue to post here.

Everyone is asked to review the pinned thread at the top of the page, the one by Preacherman, which talks about the forum rules.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
Re: Moratorium on "Why was I banned threads."
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 02:39:11 PM »
I would like to add something if I may-

I'd like to take Mike's "you are perfectly welcome to continue to post here" and add that we wish you would post here.

This is for the new people-  This is a forum that discusses a bit of everything in life.  We touch upon guns, relationships, houses, decks, computers, music, booze, cars....the list goes on and on.

With rare exception, we all get along, or at least agree to disagree.  The mods (and yes, I'm biased) are pretty loose as far a allowing people to say what they want to say.  A sure fire way to get into trouble here is by being verbally abusive, racist, or just a pain in the butt.   

Please come on in and take your shoes off, throw your feet up on the couch, and talk about what comes to mind.  I think you'll like it here.
One day at a time.

nico

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 02:51:08 PM »
I think this is a good decision, but you have no idea how tempting it is to post innocent cat in this thread grin

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 03:58:23 PM »
With rare exception, we all get along, or at least agree to disagree.

I disagree with that  laugh
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 04:29:49 PM »
With rare exception, we all get along, or at least agree to disagree.

I disagree with that  laugh

One other thing you new folks will also discover is that we have an extraordinary number of wise-eggs amongst the membership. Sometimes it seems as though half the stuff posted here on APS is done tongue-in-cheek.

If something someone posts doesn't seem right, there's a good chance they were just trying to be funny and it didn't come out quite right. Wink
Andy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 05:39:13 PM »
Dammit.

I'll leave these messages, but this thread was not meant to be a responder.

Sorry.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.