Author Topic: Does Mid-East turmoil prove Bush was right?  (Read 14048 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Does Mid-East turmoil prove Bush was right?
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2011, 01:26:31 AM »
Dick, please give a beverage alert in the future.   =D :lol: :laugh:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2011, 02:19:39 AM »
I am shuddering in my leather occupier boots.

I lol'ed.

Paddy, is that you?

You could at least give a brother a citation.  :lol:

Paddy, is that you?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 07:50:19 AM »
I like how easily a crowd of a million chanting that they'll head to Jerusalem as martyrs was dismissed as evidence of the Egyptian revolutionaries' attitudes towards Israel.  Silly me; I thought millions of people rallying behind something was pretty solid proof of, well, those people being for a certain position.

Someone would've already helped Hizbullah get its people home, and that was probably related to the destruction of the gas pipeline (which, incidentally, the protestors demanded be cut off to Israel.)

Oh yeah, they're heading towards peace alright.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2011, 03:30:20 PM »
I like how easily a crowd of a million chanting that they'll head to Jerusalem as martyrs was dismissed as evidence of the Egyptian revolutionaries' attitudes towards Israel.  Silly me; I thought millions of people rallying behind something was pretty solid proof of, well, those people being for a certain position.

1. No, we heard about SOME protestors chanting that.  You've not provided a source for that, either.

2. We do not know - and it is not possible for even a cameraman on the scene to know - how many of them were chanting that.

3. Even if this sort of sentiment gets in power, it will be represented by wiser men who will not attack Israel immediately. By the time - if ever - they feel ready to try again, the Palestinian issue will likely be resolved.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »
Oh, and 4. God help any Arab nation that will win a war with Israel.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2011, 05:43:14 AM »
Interesting facts:

1. The Syrian regime is now in a heap of trouble, with the lowest casualty estimate at 250 protesters killed at this moment. They are swiftly approaching the death tolls seen in Egypt, except with a smaller population.

2. Egypt appears to have  deceived its protesters, replacing Mubarak with a 'transition regime' of military scumbags. Hopefully it won't last.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2011, 11:12:31 AM »
3. Even if this sort of sentiment gets in power, it will be represented by wiser men who will not attack Israel immediately. By the time - if ever - they feel ready to try again, the Palestinian issue will likely be resolved.

Don't really see how that would make a difference.  If Israel didn't exist as an object of hatred, the Muslim gov'ts would have to create it to distract the rabble.

Interesting facts:

1. The Syrian regime is now in a heap of trouble, with the lowest casualty estimate at 250 protesters killed at this moment. They are swiftly approaching the death tolls seen in Egypt, except with a smaller population.

2. Egypt appears to have  deceived its protesters, replacing Mubarak with a 'transition regime' of military scumbags. Hopefully it won't last.

Lesson Learned:
If you are an authoritarian scumbag, it pays to make an enemy of the USA.  Cases in point: Syria & Iran.  No effort form BHO to replace those regimes.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2011, 07:17:33 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13219853

Rats. Sinking ship.

Don't really see how that would make a difference.  If Israel didn't exist as an object of hatred, the Muslim gov'ts would have to create it to distract the rabble.

It would be easier to defend Israel without the settlement idiocy.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2011, 07:51:37 AM »
The Syrian regime is in deep doo now, having chosen to start shooting people.  The world is silent because the United States and Israel are likely hoping Asad will survive.  Without him, there's no telling what kinds of demands will be made on the Golan Heights. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Lee

• friend
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2011, 06:06:47 PM »
They told us that trying to foster democracy in the Middle East was a hopeless cause.

I thought they told us we were going to war to stop the guy who planned the 911 attack,had weapons of mass destruction, and was soon planning on "coiming straight for us".

I wasn't aware that he had a trillion $ plan for establishing democracy in the middle east.  I would of complained back then.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2011, 11:27:01 PM »
The Syrian regime is in deep doo now, having chosen to start shooting people.  The world is silent because the United States and Israel are likely hoping Asad will survive.  Without him, there's no telling what kinds of demands will be made on the Golan Heights. 

OK, then.

This is so ate up, I'll have to take it slow, to avoid the fissures in logic running through it.

The Syrian regime is in deep doo now, having chosen to start shooting people.

Uh, why? 

BHO and the euro-weenies have shown zero stomach for taking on most anti-western ME regimes with truly heinous dictators and have been especially deferential to Iranian proxies.  Why would they start getting all shooty now?  The Assads have slaughtered thousands of folks over the years, sometimes in great concentrations, without drawing any effectual response from civilized countries.

So a few Assad regime thugs have unassed the AO.  So what.  As long as Assad has goons to shoot on protesters and Army units to grind them into treadjam, no worries.  He can even import Iranian goons.

The world is silent because the United States and Israel are likely hoping Asad will survive.

Hey, I am the one with the base view of human nature in general and that of BHO's in particular.  I'll not have anyone horning in on my turf, thanks.

BHO is (mostly) silent because he is clueless and has been burned by the Arab (False) Spring twice already, and by the Iranian Green movement in 2009.  He has made the Wrong Decision each and every time.  He figures no decision is better than treading on his johnson with his golf shoes.  Again.  And hopes if he hides behind his desk, it will go away.

As for the Israeilis, I doubt that, too, because...

Without him, there's no telling what kinds of demands will be made on the Golan Heights.

Zero demands.  Or, more precisely, zero demands from a unified Syria or Syrian gov't.  IIRC, Syria has more sizable minority groups than Lebanon.  If Assad & his regime goes down the toilet, I expect Syria to go the way of Lebanon.  Ugly, chaotic, violent, but much less a force it would be under a unified gov't.  They'll be in no shape to demand squat form anyone.  Worst case scenario: another Iranian proxy butting up against Israel, but with no terrain advantage, since the Israelis have the Golan.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton