Author Topic: Presidential debate # 3  (Read 13824 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Presidential debate # 3
« on: October 22, 2012, 09:54:47 PM »
So far, this is going a lot calmer than debates 1 and 2. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Presidential debate # 3
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 10:19:27 PM »
A bit. I think Romney got off a little slow but has done well once things got rolling.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:28:09 PM »
The wife and I decided our time would be better spent in bed, She took a nap :facepalm: :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 10:35:41 PM »
The wife and I decided our time would be better spent in bed, She took a nap :facepalm: :rofl:

......uh......not gonna say it...not gonna say it....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:36:20 PM »
I have a meh feeling about this debate.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 10:37:38 PM »
I have a meh feeling about this debate. Election

FTFY
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 10:40:03 PM »
Sequestration is not going to happen?  That was news to me.  I was sort of amused by the President's expressions tonight too.  There was a lot of this going on with him  ;/

edit:  evidently David Plouffe is now saying that the sequestration cuts "shouldn't happen".  Is that a worlds record for the quickest time between statement and back pedaling?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:02:20 PM by dm1333 »

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
I think Romney seemed presidential.  Obama seemed irritated and petty.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 11:08:58 PM »

That.

bob

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 11:11:07 PM »
Lots of jabs, but no big punches. Call it a draw.

At least the moderator did a halfway decent job....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 11:14:30 PM »

I agree with this.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 11:15:20 PM »

Agreed on the draw. If Romney is no worse on foreign policy, he keeps the edge domestically. Romney on points. I'm not enthused, but modestly relieved...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 12:15:08 AM »

Romney does have the quality about him, even you may not be agreeing with him, he does present his case in a calm rational manor.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 01:06:35 AM »
Neither Romney nor Obama could afford to be overly aggressive in a foreign policy debate, and Romney is able to project a sense of strength while appearing calm. I don't think Obama has that ability. I think the debate was pretty much a tie, which makes it something of a win for Romney, whose foreign policy acumen has been questioned.

Former (I think) Nebraska Democrat Senator Bob Kerry once said, "Bill Clinton is an exceptional liar." I think Barack Obama is now the Picasso of the art of lying. Anything he said of substance was almost always a lie. When he talked about his foreign policy achievements, they were the achievements of the Bush administration, ones that Obama had opposed, or they were events that happened in spite of him. He talked about our alliance with Israel as if his snubbing of Netanyahu never happened, or that he tried to force the Israeli's to give over land to the Palestinians in exchange for nothing. He said that our economy is stronger than it was four years ago, that America is stronger than it was four years ago, that our relationships with our allies are stronger than they were four years ago.

Has this man no shame?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 01:12:09 AM »
Has this man no shame?

What is no, Alex. I'll take Rhetorical questions for one thousand.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 01:15:10 AM »
Has this man no shame?

He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize just for being black... and he accepted it (even though there's maybe a billion people in the world who are more qualified in that regard)
"It's good, though..."

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 01:37:04 AM »
I'm stuck on staffduty . What is this horses and bayonet thing about?

birdman

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 02:16:55 AM »
I'm stuck on staffduty . What is this horses and bayonet thing about?

One is a knife, typically affixed to the front of a long arm, the other is a 4-legged placental mammal used for transportation or as a source of stationary motive power.  Both are items our president thinks aren't used anymore in the military...ironic, only 3 days after the dedication of the horse soldiers statue at the 9/11 memorial in NYC.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 02:39:33 AM »
Did Bengahzi come up?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 05:40:40 AM »
First, actually, but was past over quickly.

Being that all Romney really had to do last night was not stumble or loose the debate, he comes out on top IMO even though the performance itself was more or less a draw. Romney did a reasonable job at making Obama look stupid and Obama did a good job of lying through his teeth.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 06:35:16 AM »
I noticed on the split screen when Romney was talking, Obama was just glaring at him - from his expression, there was some real animosity.

Romney could have really skewered Obama on a number of issues . . . but I think he left Libya more or less alone since he figured Obama had some one-liners to throw out there. (Notice, though, how he worked in the words "hope" and "change" early on? Obama caught that, and was just glowering on the split screen; he was really ticked off. =D  )

Towards the end when Romney cataloged some of the failures of the Obama administration - debt increase, unemployment, etc. - Obama had no response or defense.

None. Can't defend the indefensible - and I think this damaged Obama.

Otherwise, Obama's delivery seemed a little smoother than Romney, who stammered a bit.

And as on other debates, Romney was joined by quite a crowd afterwards, and Obama . . . only by Michelle. The Obamas had to go join the Romney crew so they wouldn't look all alone up there.  =D

I don't think Obama's performance will blunt Romney's momentum - and I hope Romney's TV commercials skewer Obama the way he chose not to on TV.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »
I noticed Romney apology tour zing, and "america doesn't dictate to other nations, we set other nations free from dicatators". When Romney spelled it out, Obama had no response, he deflected to some story about visiting Israel.

I think Romney came off very well on this debate. He was very assuring that he does not want to get involved in another war in Syria.

I wish he would have gone after fast and furious.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 08:47:09 AM »
I really don't understand why Romney did not go after Obama hammer and tongs, there is so much material to work with to make a good critique of execution...

Britain gives piece of history as state gift, State Dept gives DVDs... that don't work in Europe
Amateur Hour!

Theatrical reset button with Russia, Russia rolls all over us in international politics in Syria and elsewhere
Amateur Hour!

Intentionally sending weapons to Mexican drug cartels, without cooperation of Mexican gov't, getting Mexican allies and Americans killed
Amateur Hour!

Going on an apology tour that weakens our allies and emboldens our enemies
Amateur Hour!

Letting the administration minions blame Benghazi on a youtube video for 2 weeks, when intelligence at the highest level knew within 24hrs that it was a pre-planned attack
Amateur Hour!

We've had amateur hour for 4yrs. When someone consistently can't get a critical job done right, its time to let them go.

This stuff basically writes itself.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2012, 08:50:34 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2012, 09:24:46 AM »
Pretty much a draw but Romney was presidential and mature, Obama looked like a lawyer.
I was disappointed fast and furious was a no show.
What we have here is failure to communicate.