Author Topic: Fistful  (Read 986 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Fistful
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:11:26 PM »
Fistful

Whats up? Something bothering you lately? You haven't been your normal self since the election.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Fistful
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 12:43:38 PM »
How so?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 12:49:37 PM »
Seems normal to me.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 01:07:25 PM »
I've been making a lot more short posts in the past few months, as opposed to really long posts on controversial topics.  That's the only change I can think of.   

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 01:08:50 PM »
you just seem more irritable
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 02:11:14 PM »
Can you link or post any examples, you big jerk?  Smiley

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 08:20:56 PM »
Well now, since this thread is all about MEEEEEE!  I might as well talk about MEEEEEE!  

I have nearly completed the drywall work on our new love-nest, so the Missus and I can settle into the new digs proper.  We moved into our first little house this August, but the texturing on the bedroom walls was - hard to describe.  Obscene, psychedelic, tortured and perverse are all words that come to mind.  But maybe some people like those elements in their bedrooms....Mrs. fistful said it looked like icing, and I think she pegged it well.  Anyway, the carpet needed replacing right away, so we decided to remodel the whole bedroom, rather than do all that stuff on top of new flooring.  And then in the middle of the ceiling, around the ceiling fan, there were these dark, decorative mirror tiles with swirl patterns on them and another pattern caused by the liquid nail that showed through.  One of them was already cracked, and I didn't want these things falling off from the fan vibration and crashing into the bed, or at least looking tacky up where they were.  So, we have been sleeping in the erstwhile study, while my computer haunts the living room and all my bills and records are piled on the coffee table.  

Once I had the walls down, I realized it was a good time to replace the wiring and boxes and so forth, and while I was at it, I grounded the new wiring, and ran a second set of wires to the ceiling outlet (now a proper fan box), so that we could have a sliding dimmer for the lights and another that controlled the fan speed.  Sweet!   The exterior walls required exactly three rolls of R-13 and then the drywall was put in place.  I have never done more drywall work than patching small areas, but somehow, I managed to do a good job with cutting the panels to the right size and shape, with all necessary holes for electrical boxes.  And somehow, my mud looks good enough that I believe the painted surface will be as smooth as the proverbial baby's bottom.  Or even a real baby's bottom.  Thankfully, I'll be able to apply the first primer to the surface on Saturday, and hopefully we can begin painting on Monday night.  Oh, glorious times.  Then we can remove the old carpet and we are praying that the wood flooring will be uniformly beautiful.  So far, we have only seen a little bit of it, and that much looks quite good.  Then there will be the part I will really mess up, and that will be the molding.  Anyhoo, then we can move in.  Smiley    

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 09:53:48 AM »
Well, it appears that everyone is sick and tired of me and my "behavior," whatever that may be.  I tried to find out what I was doing wrong, but the few general descriptions I got were hard for me to understand.  After all, this thread said I was irritable, and I still don't know where that idea comes from.  After much deep pondering, I came to realize that there was just too much fistful available for some people and I seemed to be dominating the forum.  Well, OK.  I've scaled back the post-count in the past few days, and I'll try to keep that up, or down, as the case may be.  This will be my third post for the day, as compared to an average of almost 28 posts per day in the ten days prior to my grand epiphany that everyone was tired of me.  So, there we are.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 10:00:21 AM »
I didn't notice you doing anything strange.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 10:06:44 AM »
Do, or do not.

Doesn't matter to me.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 10:53:31 AM »
Mike, I'm glad you feel that way.

Wingnutx, if you didn't notice anything it's probably because you post as much as I do - or did.   smiley 

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »
Fistful...

of muffins!

of beefs!

of internets!

of pesos!

of dollars*!

of bacon!

of et cetera!