Author Topic: Politicians vs. crusaders  (Read 893 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Politicians vs. crusaders
« on: November 18, 2006, 09:20:18 PM »
Over the past week, I've called elected officials who lost their races to ask how they felt, what they planned to do, and, if anything, what I could do to help them as a friend.

All but one said that they'd be looking to run again, or just get another job.

One, though, just can't give up. He's the legislator whom I consider my closest friend, so it didn't surprise me when he said that he was looking to form a statewide group devoted to conservatitve causes.

I reminded him that I'd told him, back in 2003, that he would lose the 2006 election. And he said, then, that he didn't care.

When I talked to him the other night, and asked about how he felt, he said, "I've won one race and lost five. I'm accustomed to losing."

It then hit me: so am I, and so many of the volunteers for WI CCW. But most of us keep coming back time and again.

I promised my wife that, if our side lost the elections, I would quit my involvement with gun issues.

But I can't. I'd rather go without shooting than go without challenging the anti-gunners.

I don't know what to call it. Maybe psychologists have a name for it. But, everytime we get defeated, I get more angry, and more ready for another fight.

What is that?

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: Politicians vs. crusaders
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 09:26:51 PM »
Addiction.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 11:04:51 PM »
Is it addiction, or just a bull-headed belief in what is right, and the willingness to butt said head against a brick wall until you win?

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 03:37:41 AM »
Pay no attention to my sig line  grin
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 07:44:19 AM »
It's righteous anger against a glaring injustice that society refuses to rectify.  Without men like yourself, and your love of liberty and hatred of the wrong, we'd live in a much worse place.  I hope your wife will release you from your promise.  The promise seems backward, by the way.  If you're going to quit, shouldn't you promise to quit after you win?  Anyway, please don't quit. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 10:50:02 AM »
What was that quote?  Something about tyranny prevailing if good men do nothing?

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw