Author Topic: So you still think there's no bias in the media?  (Read 757 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
So you still think there's no bias in the media?
« on: November 20, 2006, 12:20:42 PM »
Over the weekend I saw a commercial for some program that's coming on the Discovery Times channel. For those that don't know, that's the channel that Discovery and the New York Times are together on.

Anyway...

The show is called "Taking the Hill" or something like that. From what I could tell (before I had the overwhelming urge the throw up) was that the show was going to focus on veterans who ran for office. I gather from the tone of the commercial that it's going to be a "celebration of the spirit of the veteran and their fight to take back the government".

They pictured several of those who won (at least five or six over the course of several commmercials). Each and person they showed was a democrat. Each and every one of them. It was apparent they were trying to send a message during the commercial when they showed not only the candidates'/winners' name, but prominently displayed their political association.

Bias in the media? Nawwwwwww........

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Re: So you still think there's no bias in the media?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 01:55:01 PM »
The show is called "Taking the Hill" or something like that. From what I could tell (before I had the overwhelming urge the throw up) was that the show was going to focus on veterans who ran for office.
I must be really cynical then. With a title like that I was expecting a Michael Mooreish docudrama about Democrats retaking the government that was stolen from them.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: So you still think there's no bias in the media?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 04:45:47 AM »
Democrats retaking the government that was stolen from them

Judging by the commercials that's about what it's going to be.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB