Author Topic: Biden's never had "a Boss"?  (Read 1361 times)

berettaprofessor

Biden's never had "a Boss"?
« on: November 02, 2009, 09:15:22 AM »
This morning on a CNN exclusive, Joe Biden stated "In 36 years in the Senate, I never had a boss." :mad:

Anybody out there from Delaware?  If I were from Delaware, I'd start a movement to have his butt impeached retroactively.

This is the exact problem with our elected representatives and the best argument for term limits I've ever heard!

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: Biden's never had "a Boss"?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:42:24 AM »
"In 36 years in the Senate, I never had a boss."

Yep. Unfortunately, nobody from Delaware held him accountable for his actions while feeding at the public trough.

I'm whole-heartedly in favor of term limits; I also think it mightn't be a bad idea to require all government employees to pass a test to verify they're familiar with the fundamentals of American government.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 12:09:33 PM »
Didn't he forget to mention the credit card companies?  =D
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 01:00:17 PM »
require all government employees to pass a test to verify they're familiar with the fundamentals of American government

You are so mean!  :laugh:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 07:43:13 PM »
You are so mean!

It wouldn't have to be a hard test. The one I passed at the end of high school civics would suffice, I'm sure.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 10:14:30 PM »
I'm resisting the urge to post a link to Lonely Island's Like a Boss every time I see this thread...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 10:19:24 PM »
It wouldn't have to be a hard test. The one I passed at the end of high school civics would suffice, I'm sure.

Even easier than high school civics. Just a one question test.

The United States is:

A) A Democracy
B) A Republic

I guarantee you 80% of my coworkers would get it wrong and we could then fire them and drastically reduce the size of government.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 07:49:12 AM »
I also think it mightn't be a bad idea to require all government employees to pass a test to verify they're familiar with the fundamentals of American government.

It's called an "election". It's just the testers have gone lax.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner