Author Topic: Sokath, his eyes uncovered!  (Read 1785 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Sokath, his eyes uncovered!
« on: February 15, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »
I never thought I'd agree with the Trig-truther Andrew Sullivan, but lo and behold, a blind squirrel finds an acorn:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2011/02/obama-to-the-obama-generation-youre-on-your-own.html

To all those under 30 who worked so hard to get this man elected, know this: he just screwed you over. He thinks you’re fools. Either the US will go into default because of Obama’s cowardice, or you will be paying far far more for far far less because this president has no courage when it counts. He let you down. On the critical issue of America’s fiscal crisis, he represents no hope and no change. Just the same old Washington politics he once promised to end.

I can't sum up Obama's policies any better than that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Sokath, his eyes uncovered!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:39:33 PM »
he sugar coated it a bit

and i had to look up sokath!  nice job!  i'll buy you a beer for that next time you come visit
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 02:44:36 PM »
What's a Trig-truther?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:55:41 PM »
What's a Trig-truther?

He thinks Trig isn't Palin's child.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 02:58:03 PM »
He thinks Trig isn't Palin's child.

Well, given his weighty credentials in obstetrics and heterosexual reproduction, he ought to know!   ;/
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 05:18:08 PM »
Andrew Sullivan was more of a conservative commentator a few years ago, or at least as I remember him, but he occasionally slips out of his current liberal role.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 05:46:16 PM »
The Thread Title sounds like one of the Star Trek Next Generation episodes I remember.  Of course, they might have stolen it from something else.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 05:50:57 PM »
The Thread Title sounds like one of the Star Trek Next Generation episodes I remember.  Of course, they might have stolen it from something else.

Oddly, I misplaced the quote right away; I could have sworn in was TOS, but it apparently is TNG.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 05:51:17 PM »
The logic behind president Obama's budget has one extremely sensible feature: it distinguishes between spending that simply adds to consumption, and spending that really does mean investment. His analogy over the weekend - that a family cutting a budget would rather not cut money for the kids' education - is a sound one. We do need more infrastructure, roads and broadband, non-carbon energy and basic science research, and some of that is something only government can do. In that sense, discretionary spending could be among the most important things government could do to help Americans create wealth themselves. And yet this is the only spending Obama wants to cut.
This is where I end up disagreeing with some of these guys.  Sure, a lot of those things he thinks we ought to do would be nice, BUT, IMO, only if we already balance the budget.  They are not things you borrow money every single year for.  It is one of the issues I've had talking to people about (mostly liberal leaners not all) is that they want to cut spending, but they are quickly willing to make exceptions for so many things it defeats the purpose of getting spending under control.  

Outside of that, I agree.  The few things I have heard of Obama's budget tells me it is a sad joke.  The Republican House should put it up for a vote, kill it outright, and do their own budget.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:53:53 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge