Author Topic: Central Oklahoma in High Pucker today  (Read 32 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Central Oklahoma in High Pucker today
« on: Today at 03:09:53 PM »
Looking at the Storm Prediction Center Convective Outlook for today. Central Oklahoma is in deep doodoo. High convective probability beginning just south of OKC and running north into southern Kansas.

Enhanced probability areas are everyday. Moderate areas less so, but not uncommon. High is a moniker the SPC doesn't use casually, reserving it for times when Mother Nature is flashing "YOU'RE SCREWED!" in giant neon letters.

Nothing on radar yet. I expect there are enough chasers pooling in southwestern OK to create their own gravity well.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Central Oklahoma in High Pucker today
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:19:56 PM »
While washington has its issues, I'm really glad I don't still like in Wichita.
Formerly sumpnz

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:23:53 PM »
When I lived in Lawton this was always a time of year you always watched the weather. Back in the 60s when the sirens went off we would hop on our bicycles and go to the highest hill to look for the tornado. when I went back in the late 90s it was a little more serious. We were there in May 99 when a series of tornadoes started down by Lawton and then headed up the highway to Moore/Norman/OKC. The little town of Bridge Creek was reduced to house foundations along with tons of other damage to many towns and farms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKVnANLT_Y8

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:24:22 PM »
Sounds like you need a concrete roof.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #4 on: Today at 03:35:21 PM »
When I lived in Lawton this was always a time of year you always watched the weather. Back in the 60s when the sirens went off we would hop on our bicycles and go to the highest hill to look for the tornado. when I went back in the late 90s it was a little more serious. We were there in May 99 when a series of tornadoes started down by Lawton and then headed up the highway to Moore/Norman/OKC. The little town of Bridge Creek was reduced to house foundations along with tons of other damage to many towns and farms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKVnANLT_Y8

bob

I drove through some that area about a week after the storm.
Formerly sumpnz