Author Topic: Oh no he di'nt!  (Read 1257 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Oh no he di'nt!
« on: March 02, 2015, 04:40:50 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/02/27/the-censorious-thuggery-of-ohio-judge-tim-grendell/

If you were a judge, would you threaten to hold people in contempt of court because of things they said about you in private conversations? As a VC reader, I am sure you wouldn’t. Alas, the same cannot be said of Ohio judge Tim Grendell of the Geauga County Court of Common Pleas Probate and Juvenile Division. And that’s only part of the story.

Ken White at Popehat breaks down Judge Grendell’s abusive and irresponsible behavior and bizarre attempts to justify his “censorious thuggery.” Here’s even more from the Cleveland Plain Dealer and Watchdog.org.

Oh, snap!

This is going to go far beyond the Striesand Effect.

Ken White (Popehat) has a history of following a thin to its bitter end.  And another history of sucessfully seeking some pretty damn competent attorneys to take up cases pro bono (which I think is Latin for "First we'll win this one without charging the client, then help them sue your ass off so we can collect our fees out of the punative damages award.").

Our resident Officers of the Court are automatically excused and recused from the discussion both because of the Codes of Ethics they operate under and because they are ethical individuals.

Meanwhile, look for pop-up rope stores showing up in Geauga County.

[popcorn]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Oh no he di'nt!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 10:22:35 AM »
Some folks think that ethical = not illegal.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 11:33:50 AM »
That is the county I grew up in.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 03:53:14 PM »
I grew up in Lake County, so yeah, pretty much next door.
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 05:30:12 PM »
I grew up in Lake County, so yeah, pretty much next door.
Cool, I grew up in Claridon Township.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 05:47:56 PM »
Meanwhile, look for pop-up rope stores showing up in Geauga County.

They should also sell barrels of tar (preheated) and feathers as well.  Gotta look for those complimentary product lines. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge