Author Topic: Just when you think they can't  (Read 968 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Just when you think they can't
« on: March 12, 2015, 08:24:18 AM »
they go ahead and prove you wrong.  Again.

http://lagniappeslair.blogspot.com/2015/03/illegals-injured-by-mexican-trains-now.html

Now I can understand these folks' plight a little better than most, however each one was injured due to their own negligence while riding trains that they weren't supposed to be on, in a country that they weren't supposed to be in, while on the way to another country that they were not allowed to enter: America. And the Mexicans gave them medical care and shipped them back to their own home country, where the Red Cross kindly fixed them up with new prosthetic limbs. So what do they do? They come right back this way again, now claiming a "right" to enter our country since they have no means of support at home. Guess who they expect to support them once they get here?

“Our visa [to enter the U.S.] is our mutilation, our handicap, our lost arms and legs,” said Jose Luis Hernandez, 29, of Progreso, Honduras.

:facepalm:  My head - it hurts.

Dear Boomhaurer -

There are these loons that want yet another free ride, but all the way to the Big Rock Candy Mountain this time.  Do you have any ethical or moral qualms about applying your clue-stick to cripples?

Just Wondering in LaLa Land

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
Re: Just when you think they can't
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 12:14:24 PM »
You can bet that people are talking about making train stops mandatory so that illegals can get on and off without being injured, these stops would go along well with the watering stations set out in the desert so that border crossers don't dies of dehydration.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 01:23:46 PM »
You can bet that people are talking about making train stops mandatory so that illegals can get on and off without being injured, these stops would go along well with the watering stations set out in the desert so that border crossers don't dies of dehydration.

In the L.A. Times article, the Hondurans were demanding free passage across Mexico so they wouldn't "have to" ride the freight trains.  The mind boggles at the entitlement mentality.

Then again, some U.S. cities hand out free syringes to drug addicts so they don't "have to" use dirty ones.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 01:37:26 PM »
I thought they handed out free needles to keep down the spread of needle-borne diseases.

But then i've never seen an addict or homeless person with a sharps container turning it in for replacement needles.  (I've been told my insulin needles could bring $2 on the open market, and the person telling me that offered to broker the exchange for 40%.  You hear strange stuff at the VA Hospital* - especially when your voice recorder is in playback mode.)

stay safe.

* - once a quarter I bring a 2-liter soda bottle, all sealed with tape, to the lab.  They handle disposal without needing to shake anything out of the bottle.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 02:21:45 PM »
I thought they handed out free needles to keep down the spread of needle-borne diseases.

That is the official reason, but it boils down to "Give me something for free so I can avoid engaging in risky behavior (behavior which I do of my own free will)."  The same principle applies to the Hondurans demanding free passage through Mexico.

But then i've never seen an addict or homeless person with a sharps container turning it in for replacement needles. 

Around here, they just toss the used ones on the ground, in public parks, on the beach, in children's playgrounds, etc.  And the do-gooders wonder what went wrong.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden