Author Topic: Oh, the irony  (Read 1063 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Oh, the irony
« on: May 20, 2015, 05:38:46 PM »
https://ricochet.com/staging-riots/

(ignore the use of "eventuated")

Yesterday, Katie Pavlich, Debra Heine, and Ed Driscoll drew our attention to a demonstration, unmentioned in the mainstream media, that took place in St. Louis and eventuated in the occupation of the offices of an outfit called MORE – Missourians for Organizing Reform and Empowerment. MORE is an offshoot of ACORN, and it is funded in part by George Soros’ omnipresent Open Society Institute (which has spent something like $5 billion supporting such outfits in recent years).

What makes this particular demonstration newsworthy is the fact that the demonstrators were demanding that they be paid, as promised, for the work they did in organizing demonstrations in Ferguson last summer. Here is part of what Debra Heine reports:

"According to the January tax filings of his nonprofit Open Society Foundations, Mr. Soros gave at least $33 million in one year to support already-established groups to organize on-the-ground activists in Ferguson. Two of those organizations, MORE (Missourians Organizing For Reform and Empowerment) and OBS (Organization for Black Struggle) have been financing #BlackLivesMatter protests in Ferguson and elsewhere. That is – those organizations actually pay people to show up at venues to do their clapping, chanting, and sign waving routines.+

Were they promised the then-current minimum wage, a "living wage", or the new $15/hr target minimum wage?

There is a part of me that wonders if DoJ or the MO AG will use this as evidence of a conspiracy to riot.  I know the odds are less than slim, but  a guy can dream. =)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Oh, the irony
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 05:44:08 PM »
https://ricochet.com/staging-riots/

Seems a predictable outcome.  Sort of like refusing to pay a hitman.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 06:09:10 PM »
Too bad we can't pay the cops to go to Soro's estate to break *expletive deleted*it and burn it to the ground.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 10:22:11 PM »
Too bad we can't pay the cops to go to Soro's estate to break *expletive deleted*it and burn it to the ground.

Why not?

You have something against SWATting?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.