Author Topic: crap  (Read 4997 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: crap
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »
The aspect that bothers me is that the guy died in front of his kids and didn't have to if he used a holster, didn't have to if he practiced safe gun handling and probably didn't have to if anyone knew the basics of massive trauma care. True he may have bled out to internal cavities but probably not fast enough to get him in an emergency room. I know of one case this fall where a bystander got his leg ripped off by an errant race car and did not bleed out.

The kids will never be okay again and that is sad. Looking at my kid it is a reminder to me in many things.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 10:06:55 PM »
yea he was 3 mins from a trauma center
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »
Wow, WTF. Ranger Cpl Jamie Smith bled to death in Somalia from a blown out femoral artery but they kept him alive for hours hoping he would be gotten out. People ought to think just a little about worst case scenarios. A wad of fast food napkins, some bit of plastic and a whole lot of pressure may have been enough.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.