Author Topic: Started watching Better Call Saul  (Read 442 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Started watching Better Call Saul
« on: December 21, 2021, 09:43:04 PM »
I'm most of the way through the first episode, still haven't seen Saul, and I don't particularly like ANY of the characters I've seen so far.
Blog under construction

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
Re: Started watching Better Call Saul
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 12:01:10 PM »
I assume you have watched Breaking Bad?  It's essential to enjoying the BCS universe--seeing the transformations.

Its Breaking Bad good

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 12:04:13 PM »
Also just read your cinema post.  If you've got a nice setup, the cinematography of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul is incredibly nice.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 12:06:48 PM »
Never watched Breaking Bad - after living in Cranklin County for a couple of years, I just flat-out hate tweakers...
Blog under construction

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 03:06:34 PM »
Breaking Bad is much more than meth.  It's a transformation of a good guy trying to do what's best for family and end goes from there.  Kind of in the vein of Michael in The Godfather.

Trust me,  Breaking Bad is one of the best series made and is consistently excellent.  I'd give it a go.  Better Call Saul just won't be the same...

JN01

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2021, 06:00:04 PM »
Breaking Bad is much more than meth.  It's a transformation of a good guy trying to do what's best for family and end goes from there.  Kind of in the vein of Michael in The Godfather.

Trust me,  Breaking Bad is one of the best series made and is consistently excellent.  I'd give it a go.  Better Call Saul just won't be the same...

I concur.  I generally don't like programs glorifying criminals but Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul is different.  In the end, the bad guys reap what they sow. It is fascinating to watch how the characters and their relationships evolve, and the acting is superb.