Author Topic: Oklahoma just said NO to recreational marijuana.  (Read 779 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Oklahoma just said NO to recreational marijuana.
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2023, 01:55:39 PM »
I do recall reading that the lack of specific isotopes in our environment provides a good indication that no previous civilization got around to nuking each other.  The isotopes in question were long enough lived and detectable in trace enough quantities to provide some confidence in the conclusion.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2023, 02:32:35 PM »
It is my understanding that a lot weed users seem to think that it is not only harmless, but healthy.

Because it's "natural," it can't possibly be bad for you. Not like, say, aspirin, which is just yucky chemicals.

Interestingly, "it's natural" also means smoking weed should be legal, and also God doesn't mind if you're stoned all day. I wouldn't be surprised if "it's natural" is also a defense for driving while stoned. Seems to be an all-purpose justification.

(Our next topic: breastfeeding is natural, so it's OK to expose yourself to everyone.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2023, 04:32:26 PM »
(Our next topic: breastfeeding is natural, so it's OK to expose yourself to everyone.)
Oh no.  Don't throw me into that briar patch.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2023, 05:02:37 PM »
I do recall reading that the lack of specific isotopes in our environment provides a good indication that no previous civilization got around to nuking each other.  The isotopes in question were long enough lived and detectable in trace enough quantities to provide some confidence in the conclusion.

And then there's the guy who says Mars got nuked in the distant past.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.