Author Topic: Shooting at the Jewish Federation Center in Seattle tonight  (Read 895 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
At approximately 1603 today (6/28/06), a man entered the Jewish Federation Center in downtown Seattle, announced that he was a Muslim-American who was angry at Israel, and started shooting.  One person died at the scene, five were wounded, three critically.  All of the victims were women who worked at the Center.  Police then took him into custody.  He has been identified as a 31 year old Pakistani from Pasco in Eastern Washington.  At this time, police are characterizing this as a hate crime and that he acted alone.  There is as yet no suspicion of any organized terrorist ties.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Unisaw

• friend
Shooting at the Jewish Federation Center in Seattle tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 07:52:11 AM »
The local news media is reporting that the shooter has a CCW.  That's just great! angry
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 08:10:37 AM »
What else do we know about the Pasco "Pakistani?"  U.S. citizen?  Here legally?  Born in U.S.?  Lived in WA a long time?  Mosque affiliations?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 12:01:47 PM »
I used this as a time to have my wife reflect on why I carry.

We were in a temple last night.  I pointed out it could have been us.
One day at a time.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 05:20:38 PM »
The story simply could not be true.  

I remember they had some issues there a few years back.  I am pretty sure that the JCC there, like here, has a strict no-guns on premises policy.  So there is no way this guy could have had a gun there.  It was against their policies!
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 05:26:11 PM »
Quote from: The Rabbi
The story simply could not be true.  

I remember they had some issues there a few years back.  I am pretty sure that the JCC there, like here, has a strict no-guns on premises policy.  So there is no way this guy could have had a gun there.  It was against their policies!
:cheers The Rabbi's insightful sarcasm:

I'm sure that mindset of 'safety policies make us safe' has been addressed many a time in this forum.