Author Topic: Does anyone else forget what day it is?  (Read 1170 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Does anyone else forget what day it is?
« on: July 29, 2006, 01:34:28 PM »
Ok, maybe this is a silly post.

I work primarily at home, and sit at this computer all day. Sometimes I don't leave the house for two or three days, except to buy cigarettes.

Because of this, I often don't know what day it is. I'll have to look at the day and date in the upper corner of my screen or, if I'm downstairs at night, look at the newspaper.

What's even more disturbing is that I spend time on this computer going to this forum as well as THR and TFL for news and entertainment.

Am I the only one?

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 01:59:06 PM »
Quote from: Monkeyleg
Am I the only one?
Nope. Most of your post could have been written by me. Although I'm not so old yet that I lose track of the days as they go by. Tongue
Andy

Subby

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 02:02:41 PM »
Yeah, I get confused as to which day it is all the time.  I've been a chef for most of my life, so I work just about every weekend/holiday/etc.  I get goofy days off(this week it was Tuesday and Friday, did a half shift today).  The days off vary from week to week depending on customer traffic, large parties that are booked, etc.  It's not unusual for me to do 3 or 4 open to closes during a week.  The end result is, that when I wake up, I have to put on the Weather Channel to see the date, then consult a calendar to see what day of the week it is.  My current job isn't so bad, at least we have windows in the kitchen.  My previous job had no windows in the kitchen, and all the windows in the building were stained glass, so not only did I have no clue what day it was, I had no clue what time of day it was.  It made for some bizarre sleep patterns, I tell you.

Sub

Car Knocker

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 03:14:09 PM »
I'm retired.  What day of the week it is doesn't really matter much anymore.  Time really isn't too relevant either; I've worn a watch 3 times since 1999.
Don

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 05:24:59 PM »
I got up at 7 this morning and started getting ready for work, completely missing the fact that the alarm hadn't gone off and it was a Saturday.

It got real bad when I never had to be up before noon for school last semester
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 06:44:20 PM »
I work shift work:
Swing
Swing
Day
Day
really early day
Much of the week, I'm in my own world.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 08:48:31 PM »
You could get cigarettes and groceries delivered to your house.... then you'd never have to leave.

I work Tuesdays, Wednesday's half shift, thursdays and fridays. And I start at 12:30 and leave by 7:15. And I'm 18 years old. So basically My sleep is 3am to 11am. I don't really care what day it is, as long as I know which one it is inside the pattern.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 02:15:21 AM »
Yup, lose track of them all the time. I usually know when Saturday and Sunday are though. Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 05:55:54 AM »
I get three days off during the middle of the week, during that time I never know what day it is. Somehow, though, on Thursday I always know tomorrow is Friday (My Monday and also payday!)
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Myself

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 06:01:49 AM »
Sometimes I loose track of the Month and Year also!   Cheesy

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 09:22:21 AM »
Does anybody really care?   (Somebody had to say it)

I haven't worn a watch for 10 years.  Now that I'm retired my only points of reference are light or dark, warm or cold.  Being retired is like being a kid again only with modern tools you ride rather than push, money, and no one to say NO!  Welll, other than swmbo, that is.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 11:45:23 AM »
I was on vacation the past week, and I completely lost track of what day it was.  It was fun.