Author Topic: New toy update  (Read 795 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
New toy update
« on: July 30, 2006, 04:43:49 AM »
Not too long ago, I posted that I was getting a new toy.  Here's what I got

It arrived a few weeks ago.  However, with the move into a rental home, I wasn't able to use it yet.  I finally got it out yesterday for about 6 hours on a local lake.  Wow!  Let me just say its phenomonal!  Rowing these craft is fast, they are fairly comfortable, and make a great fishing platform.
The biggest problems were a lack of rod holders, and no real good point to secure my little anchor.  
I did forget to put sunscreen on my legs, which are out of the water much of the time.....ouchie....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

grislyatoms

• friends
New toy update
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 05:50:52 AM »
Think you can hang a 9.9 Evinrude on the back? ; -)

Seriously, that's really cool and the price is right. I have been looking at getting a canoe or one of those folding boats; what you have looks like a good contender too.

Have fun!

P.S. How long does it take to fill the pontoons? Think it will fit in a long bed pickup with the pontoons inflated?
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Jamisjockey

• friend
New toy update
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 05:54:00 AM »
No, but they will take electric trolling motors quite well.  I watched a guy yesterday in a slightly larger model (different mfg) with a trolling motor....damn near on plane Tongue
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
New toy update
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 06:28:38 AM »
That's pretty cool! I got a new toy too, but it shoots tiny lead objects very fast out of one end. Sorry I don't have a pic of it yet. Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Jamisjockey

• friend
New toy update
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 08:43:20 AM »
I missed your PS:
With the included pump, it took a couple minutes for each pontoon.  Assembly time was defintely less than 10 minutes.  
I'd think it would fit in a pickup bed.  Worst case scenerio, you separate the pontoons from the frame, and put the deflated pontoons (which, btw, fit in a 30" duffel bag just fine), and mate them waterside.
JD

mtnbkr

• friend
New toy update
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 11:10:04 AM »
But...

Did you catch anything?

I went fishing yesterday, not a bite.  In the same waterway Thursday evening, I landed one large smallmouth and lost another one I had on hook.  The latter one was so heavy and strong, it was stripping line out on drag.  I lost him while fumbling with the drag so I could land him as well.

Chris

Jamisjockey

• friend
New toy update
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 03:39:26 PM »
Just a couple of piddly ass yellow perch.
I haven't adapted all that well to fishing in Utah.  I'm looking forward to fishing out there....
JD