Author Topic: Lindsay Graham grills Penetta, General Dempsey on Benghazi (and Obama)  (Read 3215 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
I've never been a fan of Lindsay Graham, but his grilling of Leon Panetta and General Dempsey on Benghazi was really good. I wish he would have taken it just a bit further to put Obama into hotter water.

Video is here.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Lindsay Graham grills Penetta, General Dempsey on Benghazi (and Obama)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 10:56:55 AM »
I've actually been pleased with Graham lately.

He's either found some sense or seen the writing on the wall. I'm cool with either.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 11:11:32 AM »
Brave gestures but given the gravity of the actual situation it will require much more than that.  Let's see how far he's really willing to go in an administration of naked emperors.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 01:55:09 PM »
The real problem is that the Administration consciously prepared alternate rationales for what happened in Benghazi because they may have lost the election if the truth was known.  They should have lost.  For this reason, the president should probably be impeached for this along with his other abuses of power.  Penetta said he only spoke to the President once by phone that evening.  The President was disengaged and focused on his re-election.  Everyone seemed to be waiting for "orders" and they didn't happen.  In essence, the President didn't care about anything other than himself.  All this talk by the President about caring for the military is pure BS.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 01:59:46 PM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 02:03:03 PM »
Oh come on... at this point, what does it matter?  ;/
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »
That is pretty much what Hillary said....  waits until it really doesn't matter.  This is unforgiveable.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 02:30:50 PM »
That is pretty much what Hillary said....  waits until it really doesn't matter.  This is unforgiveable.

I know... that's why i posted it. Should have put in the sarcasm smiley ;-)
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 03:11:18 PM »
Isn't there any responsibility for actions taken any more?  It is always somebody else's fault.  Then they start the old.. we need to learn from this and take steps that it doesn't happen again.  The American people are so duped by many of our politicans that I find it hard to contain myself.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
Get back to me with praise of Graham when he does the same kind of work on Napolitano of DHS on border security.  Better yet, wait until Graham goes after Schumer on gun control.  Won't happen until he has to stand for re-election and then it will last until convenient to revert to form.  He should be arrested for flagrant waste of skin.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 04:34:33 PM »
Even if Obama was pressed on this, he'd blame it on Bush.

He let four Americans die, and out and out lied to the American people about this. For three weeks he had his people lie to the media about the video, and lied himself about it.

This is much more serious than Watergate. Obama has used the State Department, the DoD and the CIA to cover for a monumental screw-up that resulted in the deaths of our ambassador and staff. That's huge.

There is absolutely nothing bad Obama can do that will be covered by the press, or investigated by congress or law enforcement.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »
Romney had the opportunity to make it front and center in the election during the third debate IIRC and failed to do so. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »
It is about more than letting four Americans die, bad as that is. It is about our entire policy in the Middle East and North Africa.  Obama has destabilized the entire region and pushed it in the direction of the great caliphate. I do not believe this is accidental.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 07:28:52 PM »
Lindsay Graham is part of the problem not part of the solution.

With him it seems for every tease there is a betrayal.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 10:55:18 PM »
Romney had the opportunity to make it front and center in the election during the third debate IIRC and failed to do so. 

Yes he did.  But if you remember the "debate" was about whether or not it was a terriorist act not if they were covering it up.  I think Romney knew that 60 minutes had it on tape that Obama said it was a terriorist act and chose not to push the issue.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 11:36:50 PM »
Don't blame Romney's terrible campaigning and soft handedness for his loss

Everyone knows the blame falls to people who voted for the candidates they actually liked
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 09:17:38 AM »
The most monumental betrayal of the American people lies in the lap of the MSM.  Government at any level cannot survive the scrutiny of a Free Press that is willing and able to do its job.

If Americans, en masse, cancelled all subscriptions and turned off the radio and TV for a week, I think the media might get the message.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 10:01:51 AM »
If we did that we might miss out on something worthless and unimportant some braindead pseudo-celebrity on one of those inane scripted reality shows we just have to watch.  [barf]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 02:32:19 PM »
The most monumental betrayal of the American people lies in the lap of the MSM.  Government at any level cannot survive the scrutiny of a Free Press that is willing and able to do its job.

If Americans, en masse, cancelled all subscriptions and turned off the radio and TV for a week, I think the media might get the message.

YES.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »
Would someone be so kind as to remind me what the time was in Washington for the start and finish of the attack ?

I'm under the impression it was from approximately 2pm est to 9pm est ... yet I read many people talking about it like it happened after dark Washington time ... which is it ?

Conservatives do not stand a chance, until the media can be reined in ...
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 04:20:35 PM »
IIRC, Panetta said that Obama was told around 5 pm.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 04:42:04 PM »
The MSN cannot be reined in.  They can be openly named and derided and discredited.  As many times as it takes.  With all the resources necessaty.  Apply same to academia and entertainment.  Play serious hard ball.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »
Conservatives do not stand a chance, until the media can be reined in ...

Conservatives do not stand a chance until the Republican leadership grows a pair.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.