Author Topic: LAPD cop gone rogue?  (Read 38697 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: LAPD cop gone rogue?
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2013, 09:37:43 AM »
Jesus... TWO wrong cars, with bullet holes in them?  No traffic stop, no attempt at identification?

Go *expletive deleted*ck yourselves, LAPD.

You guys are officially the bad guys in my book.

You could be chasing The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight at this point.  You could be chasing The Joker at this point.  You could have indesputable proof that Osama Bin Laden was alive and well and living in LA and planning more attacks on the US.

And it doesn't matter.

If there was a way at this point, I'd donate money to this guy.

Any badges that stick up for shoot-first-ID-later conduct and protect that need to lose their badges.  And spend time in jail.

Badges that actually shoot-first-ID-later need to sit on death row.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2013, 09:44:55 AM »
I find it very likely that LA could explode into all out turf warfare if this keeps up (i.e. LAPD shooting up random cars in a completely unjustifiable manner).

Gangs will set up road blocks to prohibit cops from entering parts of the city.

After the first shoot-out, there will be black market bounties on cops from that point forward.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2013, 09:52:23 AM »
From:  http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0208-manhunt-20130208,0,3459604,full.story

Behind the counter of Triangle Market in Big Bear City, clerk Robert Caballos said that unlike many other folks in the area, he wasn't worried for his safety.

"I mean, I heard he's going after cops, right?" he said.

It's starting.

Apathy to the situation, with a mix of smug "you sow it, you reap it" for good measure.

As long as he stays at large and only strikes at cops, he'll get more apathy or even possible support.
--Lysander Spooner

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2013, 10:03:08 AM »
He'd just donate it to Obama or some anti-gun group.

I don't care if he's killing only corrupt cops (and I don't think that's the case) this nutjob is not sort of folk hero.  He's an anti gun, pro big government murderer.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2013, 10:07:06 AM »

Yeah youre a real stand up guy, wanting to donate money to a murderer, not to mention hes a leftist piece of *expletive deleted*. I stand by what I said before, Id love to put a bullet in his head myself.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=8983500
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.html#/video/bestoftv/2013/02/08/ac-bill-bratton-dorner-package.cnn

Added On February 07, 2013
Suspect Christopher Dorner sent a DVD, letter and bullet-riddled coin to Anderson Cooper. Fmr. LAPD Chief Bratton reacts.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2013, 10:12:37 AM »
Yeah youre a real stand up guy, wanting to donating money to a murderer.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=8983500

OK, point taken.  Donating is a bit overboard, but I'm not losing sleep over this threat to LAPD.

--Lysander Spooner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2013, 10:14:48 AM »

Some things should probably be kept to yourself.

OK, point taken.  Donating is a bit overboard, but I'm not losing sleep over this threat to LAPD.

Because he's living your fantasy? If the guy had legitimate gripes he should have brought them to the media, social media, and web forums.  He's a wackadoodle on a killing spree.  Supporting him only makes you seem like a wackadoodle.
The LAPD's wrongs don't make him right.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2013, 10:15:36 AM »
If you read the media-friendly version of his manifesto that only detailed his complaints against LAPD, try reading the rest of it.
http://boywithgrenade.org/2013/02/07/christopher-dorners-manifesto/

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2013, 10:20:28 AM »
Some things should probably be kept to yourself.

Because he's living your fantasy?

I don't fantasize about being the subject of a 1000+ cop manhunt.  Or about killing cops.

I'll admit I got... animated... over the pair of bullet-riddled cars that were evidence of inept police work and a lack of respect for the safety or rights of the populace to not be shot at.  I'm okay with whatever karmic retribution happens to be delivered back at those cops who did the shooting, whether by courts or a nutcase running around.  And I'll leave it at that.
--Lysander Spooner

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2013, 10:23:48 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/career-woes-perceived-racism-fuel-ex-cops-anger-000024963.html

This article on Yahoo cites to documentation where he had emotional break downs while on duty, and asked to be sent back to eth police academy for more training.  LAPD's response was apparently to ignore these instances, keep the guy on duty, and terminate his employment upon his first "violation."  Gotta say that I'm smelling something even worse now.  I've seen instances where bad cops (who do a lot worse than he reportedly did before getting fired), with the backing of the union, stay on the job.  Wonder if we'll ever get a real story out of this...

As for the actions of LAPD in response, I'd recommend a federal civil rights investigation, but I'm not all that confident in the DOJ these days...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2013, 10:25:56 AM »
I don't fantasize about being the subject of a 1000+ cop manhunt.  Or about killing cops.

I'll admit I got... animated... over the pair of bullet-riddled cars that were evidence of inept police work and a lack of respect for the safety or rights of the populace to not be shot at.  I'm okay with whatever karmic retribution happens to be delivered back at those cops who did the shooting, whether by courts or a nutcase running around.  And I'll leave it at that.

Then say that.  Because posting support for a wackadoodle doesn't make you look good.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »
Call him what you will, in the eyes of a large number of Los Angeles residents Dorner embodies righteous retribution in the form of a pissed off ex-cop. These are the people that have to live under the shadow of what Dorner wrote about. LAPD has a looong history of being at odds with the population. I expect his popularity to soar if he gets more people in uniform with out causing "collateral damage".

They are probably going to have to put out a very generous bounty on him. I wonder how much it's going to be?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2013, 12:14:56 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/career-woes-perceived-racism-fuel-ex-cops-anger-000024963.html

This article on Yahoo cites to documentation where he had emotional break downs while on duty, and asked to be sent back to eth police academy for more training.  LAPD's response was apparently to ignore these instances, keep the guy on duty, and terminate his employment upon his first "violation."  Gotta say that I'm smelling something even worse now.  I've seen instances where bad cops (who do a lot worse than he reportedly did before getting fired), with the backing of the union, stay on the job.  Wonder if we'll ever get a real story out of this...

As for the actions of LAPD in response, I'd recommend a federal civil rights investigation, but I'm not all that confident in the DOJ these days...

OTOH, the police unions, and minority officer organizations etc. and just the PC/affirmative action policies of the department itself, if there were any merit to his complaints, I think somebody would have taken his side, or taken him on as a "cause".

http://lapd.com/

In google, "los angeles discrimination" comes up with roughly 11,600,000 results for attorneys, law firms, advocacy groups etc.

http://www.blackpolice.org/

The incident that got him fired, the accusation of brutality/kicking by his training partner was denied by other witnesses at the scene, the supposed victim they were arresting for acting crazy/disturbing the peace or whatever it was, did not mention it, and the only person who testified to the kicking was the man's father, who wasn't present at the time.

Then there's the (admittedly anecdotal/hearsay) reports about his time in the military from people who professed to know him that state a similar pattern of failure, failure to work/study/prepare/learn, and washing out there as well. And severing friendships or getting angry at anyone that pointed out to him that he failed, and the organization didn't fail him.

If these are true, it would be consistent with him displaying a pattern of character deficits and some personality disorders.

If I had to bet, I'd lay four figures or a case of 5.56 on the LAPD having "significant corruption" were there some way to freeze the agency in place and lift the lid off of everything at once and have it all examined by some neutral third party. However, I don't think it was corrupt in his case.
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2013, 12:16:56 PM »
Rush Limbaugh opened his show, just now, with a brilliant suggestion: for their safety during this situation, the people of LA should hand in their guns.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »
Those NY 7-round mags would do the trick dealing with a guy like this.  If this was in NY state and a citizen ended up shooting him inside their home, they would probably be counting bullets in their mag.

I think they should call this guy "Rambo".  Stallone has come out supporting the AWB and other infringements.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:28:02 PM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2013, 02:17:44 PM »
Shouldn't this thread be entitled: LAPD cops gone rogue?

;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

griz

• friend
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2013, 02:19:50 PM »
I would be interested to hear the story about the truck in the second photo. (the black Honda)  Besides being shot at, it looks as if they rammed it since there is body damage and the air bag is deployed.  Did they even try to stop it first?

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't want to be a big black guy in LA today.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2013, 02:21:46 PM »
I would be interested to hear the story about the truck in the second photo. (the black Honda)  Besides being shot at, it looks as if they rammed it since there is body damage and the air bag is deployed.  Did they even try to stop it first?

I wouldn't want to be anybody in LA or anywhere in California.

I'd rather be unemployed in Greenland.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2013, 02:23:18 PM »

Considering they first shot two asian women whose only similarity to the fugitive is they were driving a truck (but not same, color, model, or make...), I'm pretty sure everyone is in danger, not just those who share a similarity to the fugitive.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2013, 02:24:37 PM »
I wouldn't want to be anybody in LA or anywhere in California.

I'd rather be unemployed in Greenland.

Beat me to it... and, "don't say that Vizzini"
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »
The second shooting involved Torrance police officers, who were stationed nearby in the event LAPD needed them. When the officers heard the gunshots, they headed toward

At that point, a driver in another pickup truck that look similar to Dorner's drove toward them on Flagler Lane near Beryl Street. Officers, suspecting it was Dorner, purposely collided with the truck and shot at him.

The driver wasn't hurt, avoiding bullets that had ripped through his windshield.

"I heard some man yell at somebody and I saw this argument on the street," said Ana Filova, a woman living in her car near Dominguez Park.

Filova said she heard someone yell "cuffs" and then heard two shots, followed by a pause and a third shot.

"I said, `Mama Mia, that's gunshots," she said. "I was scared. I was shaking from fear."

Torrance police Sgt. Chris Roosen said the officers were unhurt. He thanked the driver for cooperating in the investigation.

Officers did not identify the driver. Records showed the 2006 Honda pickup truck was registered to Lizzette Perdue of Redondo Beach. Purdue declined to talk to a reporter about who was driving her truck.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2013, 03:58:01 PM »
The 2 idiots who shot the Asian ladies need to lose their badges, and go to jail. Their actions prove they do not need to be cops
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »
Emotionally unstable, yet reasonably intellegent person is repeatly subject to abuse, racial slurs and curruption, in what is already a high stress job, and then is given the boot for grivances he feels is justified?

LAPD created their own monster, and now, they get to deal with it under the national spotlight.

I am not going to feel sorry for them. I do feel bad for the general populance for being stuck in the cross fire.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2013, 04:05:12 PM »
Emotionally unstable, yet reasonably intellegent person is repeatly subject to abuse, racial slurs and curruption, in what is already a high stress job, and then is given the boot for grivances he feels is justified?

LAPD created their own monster, and now, they get to deal with it under the national spotlight.

I am not going to feel sorry for them. I do feel bad for the general populance for being stuck in the cross fire.

If anything he said is actually true. His former friend that went through college and into flight school with him said Dorner has a history of lying, including making false allegations to try to get him (the friend) kicked out of flight school
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!